Avid Exo + PROBLEMS!

Hi guys just received my Avid Exo + bivvy, went to set it up today and it took almost 30mins to get the centre block to click into place once I'd fanned all the arms out. Went to put the 2 front arms in and they just wouldn't go! It's like the material is way too tight on the frame its ridiculous. By the looks of all the talk online it seems alot of people are having the same issues. 

Wondering if any of you have had similar problems? Extremely disappointing, obviously no checks done prior to sending them out! 

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, RobMcDonnell said:

Hi guys just received my Avid Exo + bivvy, went to set it up today and it took almost 30mins to get the centre block to click into place once I'd fanned all the arms out. Went to put the 2 front arms in and they just wouldn't go! It's like the material is way too tight on the frame its ridiculous. By the looks of all the talk online it seems alot of people are having the same issues. 

Wondering if any of you have had similar problems? Extremely disappointing, obviously no checks done prior to sending them out! 

Thanks! 

Every video I've seen doesn't show you putting up.or taking down, I bet that's 1 issue they realised after finishing the line/product.

3 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Nothing worse than a big company jumping on a bandwagon only to get it wrong, Avid are normally A1 if there is a problem I'm sure they will put it right with the mk2 version.

Shouldn’t take a mk11.
the money these companies charge for an essential part of kit, it should be right before it’s released.

quite a simple thing to ask really 

Hi,

I have found the same problem with the bivvy; took two of us to get the bars into the block. Spoke to the owner of the shop I bought it from who informed me, he was informed by the Avid rep of the issue on Christmas Eve. 
Shop has offered to replace with different bivvy or wait for a defect free one.

Frustrating that Avid haven’t come out and communicated the issue and owned up to it. They need to show customer service and deal with this, as the shop is just the person in the middle and no point getting frustrated with them.

3 hours ago, framey said:

Shouldn’t take a mk11.
the money these companies charge for an essential part of kit, it should be right before it’s released.

quite a simple thing to ask really 

I have frequently found that a problem with various brands.

Or the other problem is that they get it right, then within a year or so release an updated or upgrade version that is not as good, or just out to fleece us (marketing sales ploy).

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I have frequently found that a problem with various brands.

Or the other problem is that they get it right, then within a year or so release an updated or upgrade version that is not as good, or just out to fleece us (marketing sales ploy).

Wouldn’t be allowed in any other industry so not sure why anglers accept it 

you wouldn’t buy a car if the door didn’t shut or needed charging up every day 

**UPDATE**

Couldnt praise Tom from Avid enough getting the issue sorted. I've received the fixed bivvy now. The issue with some of the first batch was that the 2 front poles were made slightly too long which was putting alot of tension on the main fabric. They're fitting shorter front arms in house to solve the issue. 

The bivvy now goes up and down absolutely fine with no issues. 

2 hours ago, RobMcDonnell said:

**UPDATE**

Couldnt praise Tom from Avid enough getting the issue sorted. I've received the fixed bivvy now. The issue with some of the first batch was that the 2 front poles were made slightly too long which was putting alot of tension on the main fabric. They're fitting shorter front arms in house to solve the issue. 

The bivvy now goes up and down absolutely fine with no issues. 

Glad you got it sorted.

A company that admits it is at fault and sorts the problem is a company you remember