Am I going bonkers or ??????

Is this idea a little bit clever ? 

I've had time to think this week, and I saw a post on fb about B & M doing a rip off korda kontainers being a couple of quid cheaper, fast forward to now and my brain has gone full throttle and after a bit of searching on the Internet, I've found a set of tubs that will also fit 17l buckets in 3 or so sizes and in bulk (16 or 24 tubs) 

I thought I could use them to freeze prepped particles in, small ones for tigers, medium for maize or other bigger items and large for a mix of seeds for the base of the spod mix 

I would also use a large one for boilies and another for chops and probably one for pellets, I've noticed a bit lately I seem to carry too many buckets regularly loading 4 or 5 into the car, not too bad if I can drive to the swim but would be nice to reduce that to 1or 2 but it would also be a good way to have easy grab pre prepped particles, I also think this may make me use less bait because all too often I bring loads home or I've possibly used too much 😂

What do you think? 

Screenshot_20231024_150603.thumb.jpg.e241371ec46c760f00f52ae109464f21.jpg

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Is this idea a little bit clever ? 

I've had time to think this week, and I saw a post on fb about B & M doing a rip off korda kontainers being a couple of quid cheaper, fast forward to now and my brain has gone full throttle and after a bit of searching on the Internet, I've found a set of tubs that will also fit 17l buckets in 3 or so sizes and in bulk (16 or 24 tubs) 

I thought I could use them to freeze prepped particles in, small ones for tigers, medium for maize or other bigger items and large for a mix of seeds for the base of the spod mix 

I would also use a large one for boilies and another for chops and probably one for pellets, I've noticed a bit lately I seem to carry too many buckets regularly loading 4 or 5 into the car, not too bad if I can drive to the swim but would be nice to reduce that to 1or 2 but it would also be a good way to have easy grab pre prepped particles, I also think this may make me use less bait because all too often I bring loads home or I've possibly used too much 😂

What do you think? 

Screenshot_20231024_150603.thumb.jpg.e241371ec46c760f00f52ae109464f21.jpg

Sounds a good idea for a short session and the pots look bang on, it is easy to take far too much.  But then you wouldn't want to run out lol 🤷‍♂️😄

16 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Sounds a good idea for a short session and the pots look bang on, it is easy to take far too much.  But then you wouldn't want to run out lol 🤷‍♂️😄

I could always leave another spare in the car though 😂

I mainly only do short sessions so running out would probably be a rare occasion, I quite like the fact I could just do a bit of prep every couple of months, and always have decent fresh particle, and probably buy less but be fussier and more precise with it. 

I also think it would be good for hopper loading, shake of that, shake of that, shake of that, loaded and awaaay  😯

47 minutes ago, Highy said:

We've had these at home for a while and never thought....use the tall ens for pasta n spaghetti, the medium for washing up powders and washer scent beads....never crossed my mind there like the Korda Tubs.

I love trying to make the house more organised, never seem to get there though but I could see the appeal in sneaking a few into the cupboards while no one is looking 😁

13 hours ago, framey said:

Or more than likely 

the Korda tubs are like these 

I can't seem to find a set of tubs that are actually better or as good as the korda tubs to be fair to them there ones have a 3ltr capacity and 4 fit perfectly in a bucket, having seen the B & m ones in action they are 1.8ltr and leave a big area of wasted bucket space. They may be half the price but possibly half as effective too which is a bit of a shame. 

I'm not beaten yet though these are just teething issues 😁

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I can't seem to find a set of tubs that are actually better or as good as the korda tubs to be fair to them there ones have a 3ltr capacity and 4 fit perfectly in a bucket, having seen the B & m ones in action they are 1.8ltr and leave a big area of wasted bucket space. They may be half the price but possibly half as effective too which is a bit of a shame. 

I'm not beaten yet though these are just teething issues 😁

900ml ice cream tubs are handy for all sorts, and you have to eat the ice cream before you use them...

I put a days particles or boilies in them, freeze  (or put back in the freezer ) and grab what I need when I go. They also make decent ice blocks in my bucket.

They have also been used to store food in, steaks, veg etc as the size is perfect.

Easy to wash and reuse.

On 25/10/2023 at 13:13, elmoputney said:

Seeing the price of food nowadays though, probably cheaper to buy empty tubs 😯

Believe me, I don't have any problem munching my way through 900ml of double chocolate or raspberry coulee ice cream in an evening and at £2.75, its not too bad...

Mind you, any solution that keeps food and bait separate and fresh is always a good one.

Nothing good happens when your steak ends up covered in pellet dust...

2 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Mind you, any solution that keeps food and bait separate and fresh is always a good one.

Nothing good happens when your steak ends up covered in pellet dust...

I think the steak I just had would have been better with pellet dust….

if in London don’t go to the watermans arms in Barnes lol

On 25/10/2023 at 10:01, elmoputney said:

Screenshot_20231025_095602.thumb.jpg.6c647f3088e3439a1cba887201b9f6ed.jpg

And then it was done. Just bought a 14 piece set hopefully they will fit and should be 2 buckets worth with less wasted space the bottom left pic should all fit in one bucket 🤞

Don't buy these, unless you want some new cupboard storage they dont fit in a bucket, the korda box is starting to seem like a bargain now 😂