elmoputney

Just taken the plunge and bought some bits and bobs to make some wafters 😯

Fluoro pink wafter mix 

Minamino 

Banoffee flavour 

Premium attract+ powder mix

Liquid preservative 

Active CSL (freebie) 

I also have a few other bits I may or may not use like a butterscotch sweetener, milk B, liver powder, 

Is that a decent start? 

I am thinking top 5 ingredients at recommended levels to start and maybe milk B + to make it smell deliciously creamy 😲😍 

How does that sound for starters? 

I'd be rather careful with minamino brought from a bait supplier or tackle shop as the chances are their supply isnt stored correctly. I used to get it 5ltrs at a time straight  from the manufacturer. I'd then split it into 500ml bottles and put them in the freezer (the real stuff doesn't fully freeze but turns to slush puppy consistency, if yours freezes solid then its been cut). One bottle would be in the fridge and if I'd not used 500ml with in 2 weeks I'd bin it as it starts going off. Only found this out after my catch rate nose dived one season.  Basically I'd used all my minamino up and couldn't get any from the manufacturer so brought shop stuff, lots of blanks followed.  Told an old school angler I knew about this and the first thing he asked was where did I get my minamino from, straight away he said it was the shop brought stuff. He gave me some of his and hey presto started catching again. 

Bit long winded but thought I'd explain my reasoning.  

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

I'd be rather careful with minamino brought from a bait supplier or tackle shop as the chances are their supply isnt stored correctly. I used to get it 5ltrs at a time straight  from the manufacturer.

It was available in 500 or 250ml in date stamped plastic bottles from the chemist. Tackle shops weren't quite so careful.

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Just taken the plunge and bought some bits and bobs to make some wafters 😯

Fluoro pink wafter mix 

Minamino 

Banoffee flavour 

Premium attract+ powder mix

Liquid preservative 

Active CSL (freebie) 

I also have a few other bits I may or may not use like a butterscotch sweetener, milk B, liver powder, 

Is that a decent start? 

I am thinking top 5 ingredients at recommended levels to start and maybe milk B + to make it smell deliciously creamy 😲😍 

How does that sound for starters? 

Liver powder and flavour does mix quite well with a sweet cajouser.

One thing I will say with hi-attract wafters and pop-ups is I've done best when they are fished on their own with few, if any freebies around them.

Banoffee is a decent flavour at a low level with a food bait, but I've not done well with it in hi-attract baits.

I've played with various hi-attract baits, flavours and the like.

Some good ones are garlic and spice, pineapple (and N-butyric), green zing, squid and octopus, Tutti-Frutti and black pepper.

Other flavours didn't work for me, and believe me I tried loads.

9 hours ago, emmcee said:

I'd be rather careful with minamino brought from a bait supplier or tackle shop as the chances are their supply isnt stored correctly. I used to get it 5ltrs at a time straight  from the manufacturer. I'd then split it into 500ml bottles and put them in the freezer (the real stuff doesn't fully freeze but turns to slush puppy consistency, if yours freezes solid then its been cut). One bottle would be in the fridge and if I'd not used 500ml with in 2 weeks I'd bin it as it starts going off. Only found this out after my catch rate nose dived one season.  Basically I'd used all my minamino up and couldn't get any from the manufacturer so brought shop stuff, lots of blanks followed.  Told an old school angler I knew about this and the first thing he asked was where did I get my minamino from, straight away he said it was the shop brought stuff. He gave me some of his and hey presto started catching again. 

Bit long winded but thought I'd explain my reasoning.  

Thanks for that. it is coming from AA baits who I haven't ever used before but seem to have been around for a while. So hopefully it will be fresher than a shop bought one. But something to bear in mind 👍

7 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

It was available in 500 or 250ml in date stamped plastic bottles from the chemist. Tackle shops weren't quite so careful.

Liver powder and flavour does mix quite well with a sweet cajouser.

One thing I will say with hi-attract wafters and pop-ups is I've done best when they are fished on their own with few, if any freebies around them.

Banoffee is a decent flavour at a low level with a food bait, but I've not done well with it in hi-attract baits.

I've played with various hi-attract baits, flavours and the like.

Some good ones are garlic and spice, pineapple (and N-butyric), green zing, squid and octopus, Tutti-Frutti and black pepper.

Other flavours didn't work for me, and believe me I tried loads.

Thanks for that I could add some butterscotch stevia sweetener to the mix as I have some tbh I am not planning on making it an out and out hi attract just a bright visual wafter, I quite like having a bit of a blatent hookbait jist something that stands out and is more attractive 

actually I am also getting some of this as I also like adding garlic to things, I have a lot of hookbaits I was just planning to soak some in this. I also like squid, black pepper, I have some pineapples and yellow and orange tutti fruities lol, not many I haven't in pop ups 😲 I would like a great wafter though 

https://aabaits.co.uk/product/ultra-garlic-amino-betaine-booster/

Big thumbs-up for a couple of Nicks high attract flavours.

Tutti and black pepper (though I used to use solar esterblend 12, very similar to tutti) , excellent combo. Green zing (once again similar to tutti) was my go to winter high attract flavour used as a single or a handful of freebies at most. With the green zing, I'd make the hookbaits then once air dryed I'd put a couple of mil of flavour over the top and repeat the dose once a month. 

Used milk b a bit and it will definitely compliment a creamy type flavour.  I mainly  used to use "milky b" which was made by rod Hutchinson if I remember rightly and it was a very good additive.  

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

Green zing (once again similar to tutti) was my go to winter high attract flavour used as a single or a handful of freebies at most.

Green zing I found was better than pineapple in winter.

On 24/10/2023 at 21:31, B B said:

Got to be Cinnamon 100%  have you tasted Tesco Cinnamon buns 😋 …to big to fit on a hair rig tho 🤔

Good floater bait...

On 23/10/2023 at 21:21, elmoputney said:

Peach and garlic works quite well together I've found 

As does Cherry flavour and Eucalyptus EO, a bait that smells like a cold remedy...

On 23/10/2023 at 22:51, framey said:

Gimme a cinnamon bait over anything else any day lol

Cinnamon and Peach was my The Biollix combination. 

On 03/11/2023 at 13:58, elmoputney said:

IMG_20231103_135138.thumb.jpg.788b62688c3a9698f1c66dbf4b2c0ee3.jpg

I think the bait companies are safe for a while 😂

I cut the nozzle to 16mm thinking it was an 18mm table but I think that was too big and left an airy middle bit, so we had to roll them by hand , some have craters in them will try smaller nozzle next time smell nice though 😂

On 03/11/2023 at 14:20, B B said:

Call me quirky, but I do like the square ones  👍

On 03/11/2023 at 14:30, elmoputney said:

Daughters special ones those 

I used to use special shaped ones particularly as hookbaits, avoiding round ones the same size as my freebies on the hook.

Glugged cubes or larger baits that stood out meant I never mixed my baits up.