New reservoir to fish

jh92

17 hours ago, crusian said:

That's two Mirrors = 2 free nights now , isn't it ? /

😁

I came home Friday evening mate, rain was on its way and is in for the next couple days so packed up while it was dry 👍🤣 

I had a wicked session though mate. Really pleased that I got to fish there and having them 2 mirrors just topped it off 👊 met some cool people and the bailiffs were wicked as well

I need to sort my fishing gear out and try and slim it down a bit, I took 2 barrow loads on that trip and didn't use half the stuff I took 🤣

4 hours ago, jh92 said:

I came home Friday evening mate, rain was on its way and is in for the next couple days so packed up while it was dry 👍🤣 

I had a wicked session though mate. Really pleased that I got to fish there and having them 2 mirrors just topped it off 👊 met some cool people and the bailiffs were wicked as well

I need to sort my fishing gear out and try and slim it down a bit, I took 2 barrow loads on that trip and didn't use half the stuff I took 🤣

Ah , the warrior returns home triumphant 💪 .

It's been very entertaining waking up in the morning reading about your latest news , thanks very much .

🍻

11 hours ago, jh92 said:

Glad you had a good session, not just the fish, but the whole thing.

Beating the rain makes packing up bearable.

That slimming down thing, it's easier once you work out what is a definite need, a possible, and an 'I might need in a blue moon'.

I still find that I do carry a few 'might need' items, but most of them are now out as I've learnt to do without them.

I still carry 2 barrow loads of gear, but of that it's essentials,  books, extra water and Sky food. A few bits of I might need do stay in the car permanently, like my boat landing net, extra stainless sticks.

Must admit, being able to offload and load behind the swim helps. I have actually carried everything over to the car when I left the barrow at home and the ground was too muddy to drive over. It took 2 of us, and at the end I did actually crash out spark cold fainted, don't know if it was pain, exhausted or just head rush.

14 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Must admit, being able to offload and load behind the swim helps. I have actually carried everything over to the car when I left the barrow at home and the ground was too muddy to drive over. It took 2 of us, and at the end I did actually crash out spark cold fainted, don't know if it was pain, exhausted or just head rush.

And to think, this is supposed to be a relaxing, leisurely pursuit! 

On 17/09/2023 at 11:19, crusian said:

Ah , the warrior returns home triumphant 💪 .

It's been very entertaining waking up in the morning reading about your latest news , thanks very much .

🍻

It was an awesome experience mate, might see if I can get on for another night before the end of September 👍

On 17/09/2023 at 18:57, salokcinnodrog said:

Glad you had a good session, not just the fish, but the whole thing.

Beating the rain makes packing up bearable.

That slimming down thing, it's easier once you work out what is a definite need, a possible, and an 'I might need in a blue moon'.

I still find that I do carry a few 'might need' items, but most of them are now out as I've learnt to do without them.

I still carry 2 barrow loads of gear, but of that it's essentials,  books, extra water and Sky food. A few bits of I might need do stay in the car permanently, like my boat landing net, extra stainless sticks.

Yeah mate I had too many what if items with me that didn't leave the bag 🤣 took all that food only to take most of it back home, was easier to go to the shop and but meat and cook that up 🤣

Can relate to no barrow, had a wheel blow out in the back of the car and when I arrived to the water I had to carry it all to the swim. To be fair I fished as close as I could get to the car 🤣

Sadly I don't have any waters where I can drive close to the swim, my worst one is like a 45 minute slug with the barrow to the other side of the reservoir 🤦‍♂️🤣