Nuts

crusian

9 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Everyone 

Dynamite Baits have recently added to their  range of Particles .

Should I try  the Peanuts now , or wait a few months  until the water warms up do you think  🤔 ? .

😃

You can use them now. Use them sparingly. Might be worth getting yourself some peanut granules or crushed peanuts so you can fish over mainly crushed and a few whole, but like most tend to do with tigers. 
the dynamite jars are fairly pricey so you don’t want to be using a handful around each rod every time. 

I’ve got a few handfuls and some crushed in my baiting mix at the moment. Prepared myself I may add to keep costs down. 

11 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Everyone 

Dynamite Baits have recently added to their  range of Particles .

Should I try  the Peanuts now , or wait a few months  until the water warms up do you think  🤔 ? .

😃

They used to do these years ago and they were so oily. So for me personally I'd wait for the water to warm up a bit first. First time I used the dynamite peanuts was on an 11 acre lake on a windy spring day. I was on the back of the wind and my 2 handfuls of nuts literally flattend the entire lake due to the oil. Once the fish get on them though they can be devastating.  

2 hours ago, greekskii said:

You can use them now. Use them sparingly. Might be worth getting yourself some peanut granules or crushed peanuts so you can fish over mainly crushed and a few whole, but like most tend to do with tigers. 
the dynamite jars are fairly pricey so you don’t want to be using a handful around each rod every time. 

I’ve got a few handfuls and some crushed in my baiting mix at the moment. Prepared myself I may add to keep costs down. 

57 minutes ago, emmcee said:

They used to do these years ago and they were so oily. So for me personally I'd wait for the water to warm up a bit first. First time I used the dynamite peanuts was on an 11 acre lake on a windy spring day. I was on the back of the wind and my 2 handfuls of nuts literally flattend the entire lake due to the oil. Once the fish get on them though they can be devastating.  

Thanks Greekskii , and Emmcee .

As you say , whatever I decide use Peanuts sparingly .

On one lake all nuts and pulses are banned , but on another I occasionally fish you are allowed to use properly prepared particles ; I just better not use them where they are banned if it leaves an oil slick like the Torrey Canyon ! .

😁

Those dynamite jar/tins are a complete rip-off though so I'd recommend buying your peanuts from an online bait distributor. For example;

500ml of Dynamite Frenzied Peanuts (a significant portion being liquid rather than actual peanuts) - £5

5kg of prepared peanuts from AA Baits (other distributors are available) - £12

Edited by Jone5y

20 hours ago, crusian said:

Thanks Greekskii , and Emmcee .

As you say , whatever I decide use Peanuts sparingly .

On one lake all nuts and pulses are banned , but on another I occasionally fish you are allowed to use properly prepared particles ; I just better not use them where they are banned if it leaves an oil slick like the Torrey Canyon ! .

😁

On my old lake they were banned and yet my particle mix was full of them, yet when the bailiff checked the bucket, he couldn't see any. There is always a way 😉

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

On my old lake they were banned and yet my particle mix was full of them, yet when the bailiff checked the bucket, he couldn't see any. There is always a way 😉

like it, that is what carp angling is, you know something is banned and you know why it is banned but because of that knowledge you can get away with it and feel confident using it. Be it a bait or bit of tackle, i have never used peanuts and i don't think they are banned on most of the waters i fish, knowing my luck i would have some whipper snapper half hanging out my bait bucket whinging like an uber bailiff.