Vass Bib and Brace and Jacket

20 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Everyone

Has anyone got any personal experience of the above products please ? .

Ta 

😃

From my personal experience you need to forget about carp companies, they don't know anything about bad weather gear.

Look at the clothing the Boat Anglers use - predator and fly fishing, it HAS be be 100% waterproof and warm as there is no escaping the elements when your in the middle of an inland sea type reservoir.  Expensive but buy once!

19 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

From my personal experience you need to forget about carp companies, they don't know anything about bad weather gear.

Look at the clothing the Boat Anglers use - predator and fly fishing, it HAS be be 100% waterproof and warm as there is no escaping the elements when your in the middle of an inland sea type reservoir.  Expensive but buy once!

It’s vass 

they have just been adopted by the great unwashed lol

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

I would add shooting clothing brands to good bad weather gear, along with some military clothing. I use Hoggs of Fife trousers and jacket 

Try this

https://www.hoggs.co.uk/mens/trousers/flexothane-4600-grn-bib-brace

4 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I would add shooting clothing brands to good bad weather gear, along with some military clothing. I use Hoggs of Fife trousers and jacket 

Try this

https://www.hoggs.co.uk/mens/trousers/flexothane-4600-grn-bib-brace

Thanks Kev and Nick .

I'll look carefully at your suggestions before I buy .

😄

I bought a ron thompson suit years ago horrible stiff tent like material the thing is indestructible so i'm stuck with it, i would like some snugpac clothing but i'm stuck with tailored tarp.

Like the trakker suit and the fox, not handled the vass stuff but the winter gear looks good, what are they like to wear all day.?

8 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I bought a ron thompson suit years ago horrible stiff tent like material the thing is indestructible so i'm stuck with it, i would like some snugpac clothing but i'm stuck with tailored tarp.

Like the trakker suit and the fox, not handled the vass stuff but the winter gear looks good, what are they like to wear all day.?

Really ?

I’ve probably plugged it enough over the years on here but my Ron Thompson suit , the two piece bib & brace /jacket , is probably one of my best ever buys .

lovely warm & toastie .

Sadly I don’t think they make them anymore but I’ll always always recommend’em .

2 hours ago, newmarket said:

Really ?

I’ve probably plugged it enough over the years on here but my Ron Thompson suit , the two piece bib & brace /jacket , is probably one of my best ever buys .

lovely warm & toastie .

Sadly I don’t think they make them anymore but I’ll always always recommend’em .

Oh they are waterproof and super warm just a bit uncomfy to wear in comparison to some of the softshell clothing.

On 09/03/2022 at 04:24, newmarket said:

Really ?

lovely warm & toastie .

On 09/03/2022 at 07:12, Carpbell_ll said:

Oh they are waterproof and super warm just a bit uncomfy to wear in comparison to some of the softshell clothing.

I've got a Sundridge Minus 10 Suit ; like Carpbell says about his Ron Thompson suit my Sundridge does the job , but I can't help hankering after a more up to date Snugpak , and I'd need waterproofs over the top wouldn't I ? 🤔

😃