Day/guest chair

Good evening all. Looking for some recommendations for a chair with certain criteria. As I’m getting older I’m finding harder to get out of a low chair so I need one with adjustable legs, the longer the better. As light as possible due to having to carry it. NO arms and lastly a recliner is unnecessary. Never adjusted any chair I’ve had. 

Thanks, Andy.

On 11/01/2022 at 21:17, Andy G said:

Good evening all. Looking for some recommendations for a chair with certain criteria. As I’m getting older I’m finding harder to get out of a low chair so I need one with adjustable legs, the longer the better. As light as possible due to having to carry it. NO arms and lastly a recliner is unnecessary. Never adjusted any chair I’ve had. 

Thanks, Andy.

Hi Andy, Welcome.

Take a look at the Nash Daddy Longlegs chairs. I'm like you, struggle to get up out of a low chair. These start at a good height and can be raised a lot more.

Had mine years and wouldn't want anything else.

Ian.

On 11/01/2022 at 21:17, Andy G said:

Thanks, Andy.

Andy, 

Like you I struggle with a low chair, although I do find the recliner useful. 

Have you looked at the JRC range? 

https://www.anglingactive.co.uk/jrc-defender-chair.html

I've been looking at the wychwood tactical x high chair, it's a bit of a monster, weighs in at 7.5kg, recliner with arms etc. But it looks high off the ground. Has anyone used or seen one in person? I'm after something high off the deck. I've got a low chair at the moment and it's getting uncomfortable on the knees 😂😂

For the last 10 years or so, I have been using a Lafuma reclining chair. It is not meant for carp fishing and weighs in at a hefty 7.2 kg BUT you can sit in a completely relaxed, reclined position, then when you get a bite,  push your legs out and you swing forward (almost propelled into a standing position) and take care of business. 

This is their web site. There are a lot of bargains if you shop around on the net. https://www.lafuma-furniture.co.uk/relaxation-chair-rsxa-clip-batyline-lac-tubing-basalte-uk.html

Fortunately, there is no camouflage version :)

Edited by carpepecheur

• 3 months later...
On 19/01/2022 at 04:08, jh92 said:

I've been looking at the wychwood tactical x high chair, it's a bit of a monster, weighs in at 7.5kg, recliner with arms etc. But it looks high off the ground. Has anyone used or seen one in person? I'm after something high off the deck. I've got a low chair at the moment and it's getting uncomfortable on the knees 😂😂

Sorry, I forgot to reply to you after my last post, although it has given me a chance to use and abuse mine over a winter of pike fishing and a couple of months of carp fishing, so I can give a fair appraisal of the Sonik Sk-tec standard chair.

It's comfortable and at a sensible height that is easy to get level on sloping ground.

Carpfeed did do a review on them, might be worth a Google.

Shop around for best prices, and here is Soniks link

https://www.soniksports.com/product/sk-tek-folding-chairs/

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Sorry, I forgot to reply to you after my last post, although it has given me a chance to use and abuse mine over a winter of pike fishing and a couple of months of carp fishing, so I can give a fair appraisal of the Sonik Sk-tec standard chair.

It's comfortable and at a sensible height that is easy to get level on sloping ground.

I was looking at 1 of these not so long back... I'm using the SKTek Armchair -(when on my own) and the SKTek Recliner Armchair (when the lad comes).... Both are quite padded and comfy. 

7 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I had one of them I broke it 😳

On 28/04/2022 at 08:53, salokcinnodrog said:

I ended up getting the wychwood tactical x high chair, really happy it. It is a bit on the heavy side but not really an issue when using the barrow 👍

• 1 month later...
On 28/04/2022 at 08:53, salokcinnodrog said:

Nick how are these on your back mate ? 
I was hoping my spending was over but thinking about it now , having read this thread , my JRC defender chair nearly crippled me last time out and sitting on my bedchair was even worse .

Ian , if you see this same question re the Daddy long legs . It’s very expensive but it would be worth it if it did the trick .

I really need to be sitting upright in both cases fellas .

On 03/06/2022 at 20:11, newmarket said:

Nick how are these on your back mate ? 
I was hoping my spending was over but thinking about it now , having read this thread , my JRC defender chair nearly crippled me last time out and sitting on my bedchair was even worse .

Ian , if you see this same question re the Daddy long legs . It’s very expensive but it would be worth it if it did the trick .

I really need to be sitting upright in both cases fellas .

My sciatica is not so bad after sitting in mine, although I do have a slight gripe that is down to the extending legs.

If you lean forward, putting weight on the extended  front legs, they slide back in. I haven't noticed it on the back legs as every swim has so far been sloping down forwards or flat.

When it is flat, it is a very comfortable chair that I have fallen asleep in a few times. I can sit and watch the water or read in no problems. It is fact more comfortable than the sofa...