Nice safe neat running rig

framey

I was watching the Korda lads the other day and they were crimping the swivel to have a running lead clip setup with the spinner rig, watching your video has now made me wonder if they’ve had any swivels break on them because of crimping 🤔🤔 

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

I was watching the Korda lads the other day and they were crimping the swivel to have a running lead clip setup with the spinner rig, watching your video has now made me wonder if they’ve had any swivels break on them because of crimping 🤔🤔 

It definitely weakens the swivel bending the ring on it. 

I also don't think that a running lead clip is a good idea at all. You negate it's use for dropping the lead if it is free running. Any lakebed rubbish is now free to jam the leadclip and stop it running anyway, and with a leadclip that is not  fixed to the hook link swivel the lead can't eject. 

Far better to use a decent run ring that does run on leaders, mainline or tubing; Solar, Fox and Korum all make decent run rings. 

I have used the 'shocka' run-stop set up, a rubber bead on tubing, even a power gum stop knot on mainline with a running bead, but while it works, and very well, I come back to the safety aspect of the bead preventing the lead and run ring coming off should I get a break-off above it. I am not convinced that it can be totally safe, unless your bead can come past or push the stop knot over the broken end. 

• 1 month later...