Vass Tex 355 Camo Lightweight Waders

Hello,

Just bought myself a pair of these. I bought a shoe size larger than I would wear in trainers as I thought thick socks/double socks is pretty standard when wearing wellies or out in the cold all day.

Now they've arrived and I've tried them on they do fit but seem a little spacious - might be solved just with some insoles to be honest.

Opinions? Do you have waders and if so what size did you buy compared to standard shoe size?

Paul

30 minutes ago, pablo7uk said:

Hello,

Just bought myself a pair of these. I bought a shoe size larger than I would wear in trainers as I thought thick socks/double socks is pretty standard when wearing wellies or out in the cold all day.

Now they've arrived and I've tried them on they do fit but seem a little spacious - might be solved just with some insoles to be honest.

Opinions? Do you have waders and if so what size did you buy compared to standard shoe size?

Paul

DNA Waterproof Nylon Camo Carp Coarse Fly Fishing Chest Waders Includes Boot Bag https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081DBGLQG/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_fabc_ZCCH6E3VGKWNZEFZMFM3?psc=1

Me n 2 other mates have these... Only used twice myself, got a size bigger, they ended up sending 2 sizes bigger, but glad they did as just fit right, only wear 1 pair of thick socks, some thin trakky bottoms. 

Screenshot_20210304_202127_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.fa228920b12c93afd376ffdb71ca88af.jpgScreenshot_20210304_202135_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.ba5a4402595cc07e2fd6789a4c5b2d19.jpg

Well I have to say using them on a local reservoir definitely gave me the reassurance I needed. Easy on and off but not loose perfect for when you are wet and muddy. I really am impressed with these waders but I was a little damp with condensation at the end of the day since they aren't breathable but I couldn't justify paying 2.5x more for the breathable ones.

How does everyone manage with this issue? Wear them when required and swap for wellies or boots the rest of the time?

Just now, pablo7uk said:

Well I have to say using them on a local reservoir definitely gave me the reassurance I needed. Easy on and off but not loose perfect for when you are wet and muddy. I really am impressed with these waders but I was a little damp with condensation at the end of the day since they aren't breathable but I couldn't justify paying 2.5x more for the breathable ones.

How does everyone manage with this issue? Wear them when required and swap for wellies or boots the rest of the time?

When I've used them for the purpose, cast rods, play fish,... When all that is done and need to sit down, I just roll them down to top of wellie boot, then pull them back up when needed. 

5 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

I'd much rather not wear them all day, although pike fishing 2 weeks ago I had to. 

They normally stay by the chair, rolled down so I can step in and pull them up and then do a strap up.