Lead free leaders

B B

I've used Korda Safezone leaders for years and they have never let me down. Being fluorocarbon based, they are heavy and near invisible. I remember Rob Hughes writing that when he goes out diving to find a rig and see how it's presented, he looks for the leadcore or tubing and finds the rig at the end. I'm sure that Carp must have started to suss it by now!

14 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

I've used Korda Safezone leaders for years and they have never let me down. Being fluorocarbon based, they are heavy and near invisible. I remember Rob Hughes writing that when he goes out diving to find a rig and see how it's presented, he looks for the leadcore or tubing and finds the rig at the end. I'm sure that Carp must have started to suss it by now!

I used a safe zone leader but found the braid cut into it not very confidence building, what bottom are you using it on? This can also play a part in your choice 

the reason I chose contour is because I’m in heavy weed ,boulders , roots around the islands there’s mussels in the weed too 

1 hour ago, Big Bass said:

Thanks all 👍  got a mate popping over with Fox submerge  and he’s got the gardener one, il have a play with them. Going to use foot long leaders with solid bags. Loop to loop quick change style, give them a proper go only dappled a little with them in the past. 

Gardner will be better, 

I've gone off fox stuff since the exocet spod braid debacle (not fit for purpose) in Gardner I trust 👍

54 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

Iv always used whiplash braid 👍 and I use Fox Exocet main line love it lol ... what annoys me about fox is there odd size swivels eg size 7 

The spod braid performed about 10lb below breaking strain on the tackle box line test, I didn't see that til after I had bought it though, it snapped a few times gently lobbing a spomb 6 wraps 😲

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, greekskii said:

Have used the fox submerge for years now. Easy to splice and works brilliantly. Supple and sinks like a brick and doesnt stand out at all on darker/weedier bottoms. Over gravel its good too. Wouldnt be using it over sand though. 

I use a 50lb Fluro from Berkeley and crimp it I’ve had no problem also use the kontor but it’s hard to splice