Looking for New Rods

So my fishing fund jar is filled up and it’s time to splash the cash. I have been trying out rods over the park that belong to friends and friends of friends from Fox  X3 , was hoping to try the X4, ESP Onyx and Free Spirt, hopefully got a Prologic to try out mid week. All nice rods but still looking. .... and if one more dog walker asked me if I caught any fish yet  🙄
After a 12ft fast taper ish £160 ish per rod   

What about RH DMX range? 

I've got RH The Ones as well as my Century NG's and in terms of feel The Ones, although a lot cheaper, are very good. The current DMX rods also feel very nice. 

https://rodhutchinson.co.uk/product/dmx-mk1-rods/

49 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

I’ve got fox rods mate, (torques 12ft 3lb test) and I can’t fault them for action or build quality pal. 

Love mine was unsure as weather to get them or not due to them being 10 footers i figured i would get on with them as i used to use a 10 foot float rod and much preferred it to a 13 float rod. 

Really do like these rods they are the kind of rods that are a pleasure to use .

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

What about RH DMX range? 

I've got RH The Ones as well as my Century NG's and in terms of feel The Ones, although a lot cheaper, are very good. The current DMX rods also feel very nice. 

https://rodhutchinson.co.uk/product/dmx-mk1-rods/

Iv owned Century’s in the past in the 80’s for sea fishing, great rods..... on a side note iv often wondered what it would be like to use a multiplier reel for carp fishing, ....now where’s my Abu  🤔

1 hour ago, framey said:

I knew it was stalking but I would never have gotten the venue lol

didnt he hang the rod over a fence or stile?

I know the area, it is a proper fishery, right next to a Carmelite monastery, not far from Banham Zoo.

You can be sitting fishing and nuns walk round the lake. 

Can't remember the fence or stile. 

The rods arrived today and Iv been over the park to try them again and I’m happy. Went for a set of Prologic C3 Fulcrum 12 ft 3.5llb. I asked the shop how much they could do me for 3 and got them £430 delivered, so saved £50 .... like my Nan you used to say  if you don’t ask you don’t get. 

On 29/01/2021 at 22:23, elmoputney said:

If you taught the nuns to fish, they could be nuns on the run 😂

Spooky enough you'd be quietly fishing, in your own world, next thing turn around and there would be a nun reading a bible behind you 

20 hours ago, Big Bass said:

The rods arrived today and Iv been over the park to try them again and I’m happy. Went for a set of Prologic C3 Fulcrum 12 ft 3.5llb. I asked the shop how much they could do me for 3 and got them £430 delivered, so saved £50 .... like my Nan you used to say  if you don’t ask you don’t get. 

Just gotta get out there and christen them now buddy! 

4 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Must be nice to purge the soul every now and then... I got kicked off the altar boy rota of my church when I was 10 for putting spirits in the altar wine... 

I step into a church and I’ll probably burst into flames!! 

I was kicked out of the United Church of Canada for awhile for hammering the smart mouth kid in front of me in the back of the head with my Bible in confirmation class when I was 14.  I hit him so hard he got a nosebleed, and the elder who was standing in front of us teaching the class was his father.  Red card.  They made me go back and finish about 2 weeks later.