The superpult

Hi guys 

I fancy trying to make a frankenpult 🙄

At the moment I usually use an esp megapult with a Scruffy Bob xl pouch, 

I like the xl pouch as I can distribute a lot of bait fairly accurately and quickly, however the distance is limited to about 50 yards with a fairly full pouch, 

I would quite like to up the distance of a full pouch to about 80 - 100 yards if possible, so I guess I need to up the frame and the elastic to suit anyone got any ideas? 

2 minutes ago, framey said:

Those ranges are pushing it for a catapult I would have thought 

I have only ever used them up to 30-50 anything over that is stick territory 

I'm not very good with a stick tbh, and I find it ruins my shoulder,much like repeatedly spodding actually my shoulder hurts today after that, I would be happy with 60-80 but it's nice to dream 😁

I've seen a drennan groundbait pult they reckon can get a small ball up to 80 m, I wonder if something like that is modifyable 

10 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

cable tie the handle to your boot and use you leg to get maximum stretch. never tried it often thought about it, might want to cable tie the elastic to the pult and pouch  i do that with all my pults anyhow. 

Ha might. Work but I would have to get up again 😁

I have already cable tied my esp one, it does give you the confidence to give it more beans but I don't think the current set up will get the distance, I need more power 💪

1 hour ago, framey said:

The atomic one is pretty powerful 

closer range or a tighter bed I use a fox As they don’t spread too much

Just had a look at the atomic ones I think the square type may be better as they probably won't wrap your knuckles as much, do you think they are strong enough to handle a more powerful elastic ? 

6 minutes ago, framey said:

Fishing or buying lol

Mainly fishing but new stuff is always nice 😂

I just like trying to find ways to do things better and quicker, I have actually got a theory about pults, 😁😁

when I was pre baiting recently I could do it all with a pult, and the fish were coming in very quickly,by the time i had finished they were on it usually, I think they feel the pult sound is a safer noise and I think they started to see it as a dinner bell 🤔 

21 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Hi guys 

I fancy trying to make a frankenpult 🙄

At the moment I usually use an esp megapult with a Scruffy Bob xl pouch, 

I like the xl pouch as I can distribute a lot of bait fairly accurately and quickly, however the distance is limited to about 50 yards with a fairly full pouch, 

I would quite like to up the distance of a full pouch to about 80 - 100 yards if possible, so I guess I need to up the frame and the elastic to suit anyone got any ideas? 

Your going to arms like Popeye  💪

1 hour ago, framey said:

Looking that way 

That one is worth a try probably the only that made a bold claim about distance, so will see how it performs 😁

Next up I will be thinking about ideal baitsize, I normally use 18mm and I am pretty sure they will be better than 12mm and 15mm for distance, I can get 20mm made up if I ask nicely so in theory these should go further again, not ideal for winter though I was thinking of going down to 12mm next time lol 

You can get about 50 12mm in an xl pouch though, so can quickly get a nice spread out somewhere and maybe further than I could pult a 12mm spread before 

I think I have posted this clip on here before but it does show an alternative way of getting a lot of bait out quickly. If you are prepared to experiment you can get a large amounts of bait out quite a long distance with very little effort. On the lake shown in the clip, I was using it quite regularly at 70 metres. (which is where the fish were not its maximum range). It costs next to nothing to make. 

On 05/10/2020 at 16:35, elmoputney said:

I would quite like to up the distance of a full pouch to about 80 - 100 yards if possible

Hate to say it Elmo but imo this is just not going to happen😔

If you're hitting 50 yards with a catty you're already doing pretty well imo mate.

I have the Atomic jobby and I can't get past 50ish. I have seen guys going up to 60/70 with a catty so I guess it's possible.

Put some practise in with the stick buddy. Like me you tend to do shorter sessions. Spodding on their heads can kill these short sessions before they've begun. The stick is an invaluable tool imo.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Hate to say it Elmo but imo this is just not going to happen😔

If you're hitting 50 yards with a catty you're already doing pretty well imo mate.

I have the Atomic jobby and I can't get past 50ish. I have seen guys going up to 60/70 with a catty so I guess it's possible.

Put some practise in with the stick buddy. Like me you tend to do shorter sessions. Spodding on their heads can kill these short sessions before they've begun. The stick is an invaluable tool imo.

I think if I can get to 60+ yards, I'm pretty sorted tbh, there's only one or two swims that I think you need 80+ yards to fish effectively, it would be nice if I could, but I can use the stick if needs be for those, it just canes my shoulder, if I can get a few extra yards out the groundbait caty then that will help hopefully it will arrive soon so I can give it a try 😉

I've booked Thursday off work next week so I may do a couple of pre bait trials beforehand to see how far I can get them to fly  🙄

I think adding something really non slip to the pouch may help too, something like a bit of knotted paracord to help get you maximum stretch, without the chance of slipping, 

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

it just canes my shoulder

I screwed my shoulder big time a few years ago on a French trip. 40 KG at 120 over the course of a week. It took months to heal (didn't help that I put it out again climbing a tree to spot carp a month after the trip).

Try using both hands mate, it helps. But also takes some getting used to.

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

to 60+ yards

Have you tried the Katapault?

I know it's that brand, but I wouldn't buy a different one since having them. Haven't needed to yet, but you can buy spare elastics too. Had to buy a spare when I left it at home. Had them several years, no issues really. New cable tie here and there is all. 

Very comfortable for 12-15 boilies at the range you're after mate