Struggling lol

Ark79

Well iv run into a little snag 😁 my local venue has a small’ish pond with an island in the middle, each peg has about 30 yards in length to fish  (roughly) it holds doubles.  Mostly covered in weed, in fact there are only about 3 places without weed, iv tried fishing , bottom with bags, wafters, popups, boilies, also the chod rig... 5 trips up and  blanked every time, before they put the island in it was a method feeder pond, always catching. At that time there were more fish and hardly any weed. Now there’s less fish (bigger fish tho ) am at a loss. Any advice welcome 👍🏻  Oh! There’s is no zig’s allowed 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

It seems pretty safe to assume that they will be spending most of the time hiding in the most dense areas of weed.

Can you locate the most likely areas, study them for signs and come up with an approach to fish where they are spending the majority of their time?

If everyone fishes the few clear areas they are likely to dry up on the action front.

On 05/08/2020 at 09:40, Ark79 said:

Well iv run into a little snag 😁 my local venue has a small’ish pond with an island in the middle, each peg has about 30 yards in length to fish  (roughly) it holds doubles.  Mostly covered in weed, in fact there are only about 3 places without weed, iv tried fishing , bottom with bags, wafters, popups, boilies, also the chod rig... 5 trips up and  blanked every time, before they put the island in it was a method feeder pond, always catching. At that time there were more fish and hardly any weed. Now there’s less fish (bigger fish tho ) am at a loss. Any advice welcome 👍🏻  Oh! There’s is no zig’s allowed 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Go back to the method 

but 

with high pressure the fish are highly unlikely to be on the bottom 

try fishing off the bottom under a float 😉

Can you fish floaters on there? Just thinking with this weather you may be able to get them feeding on top of the weed or around the edge of it maybe 

Something visual in your bait like sweetcorn may help them find your spots too, 

14 hours ago, Brutus said:

Could always try baiting a few likely areas with some pellet/hemp/maize - get the carp to make a firm spot that they associate with feed?

I might also consider this as a good option too may take a little while but would probably pay off in the end 👍

3 hours ago, fangus15 said:

I fish most of the time in weed I use pva bags or mesh. Losts of stinky goo's oils gbait crush boilies. Iv got 20lb mono and leader 50lb size 6/4 hooks either chod 30/50 lb or double bottom baits on 30/40 braid presoaked with foam nuggets and or bag on lead too.soak leader or leads if possible. 

What rig with the pva bags buddy ? 

1 hour ago, fangus15 said:

Snowman or double bottom baits soaked up to the hilt with pellets crushed boilies gbait. Then locked up. Two foot from rods ripping takes then you start shaking big style. 

two foot 😳 right am convinced 😁 I have sticky pellets and corn smoke goo, al have a bash at it 👍🏻

7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Can you fish floaters on there? Just thinking with this weather you may be able to get them feeding on top of the weed or around the edge of it maybe 

Something visual in your bait like sweetcorn may help them find your spots too, 

I might also consider this as a good option too may take a little while but would probably pay off in the end 👍

Just bought a Korda float, I will give it a go next time am up there 😁

12 hours ago, framey said:

Go back to the method 

but 

with high pressure the fish are highly unlikely to be on the bottom 

try fishing off the bottom under a float 😉

Would give me a good reason for another rod right enough 🤔🤔😉🍺