LINES FOR STRAIGHT THROUGH

4 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Hi guys, will be changing my line this week and not going with the Tiger line this time. Was thing of either one of the ESP syncro or the Gardener 90, both of these look suitable to fish with out a leader, any suggestions? 

Gr60 been using it 2yrs now in 20lb it's only this last few months with a leader because of the rules at the lake 

4 hours ago, yonny said:

????

The Synchro is decent. Gardner Pro is cheaper and offers similar properties.

Never hard of Gardner 90? They do a GT80 and a GR60 but no 90. Do you mean Berkley CM90?

Check out Gardner HydroTuff. Great line.

4 hours ago, yonny said:

????

The Synchro is decent. Gardner Pro is cheaper and offers similar properties.

Never hard of Gardner 90? They do a GT80 and a GR60 but no 90. Do you mean Berkley CM90?

Check out Gardner HydroTuff. Great line.

That's the one for some reason i thought it was labeled as GT/GR90.

22 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Gr60 been using it 2yrs now in 20lb it's only this last few months with a leader because of the rules at the lake 

Gardener line has got a good reputation they only allow fluro leaders or tubing on the lake i fish.

17 minutes ago, framey said:

Isn’t tiger line a Fluro? 
do you have spare spools if so I would be tempted to keep that on and use the synchro or gr60 on the others 

Yes but it is a few years old and the reels are no longer as full as they should be, plus it looks awful in silty water.

I have used Gardner PRO and Gardner GTHD, I use the PRO for distance casting in 15lb where no leaders allowed, this was recommended by Terry Edmunds, when I had  casting lesson with him.

It casts very well as its very supple, but lacks a bit in abrasion resistance for the same reason.  

So i went with the ESP syncro loaded as it was what they had other than Fox exocet and soft steel both i have used before. 

Loading the ESP seems ok in the pic from left to right is the order in which i loaded them, the middle one seems to have a very slight upside down cone going on, not as visible in the photo think there may be a slight buckle in the spindle? The ST 6000 has loaded better than the DT 6000, go figure, 

Certainly looks carpy, i have a half spool of 16lb fluro if i need a leader. 

DSCF5826[1].JPG