Park lakes

linus1234

Hello guys

i wanted to try fishing for carp in my local park lake (hampstead heath) and i just wanted to ask you if you have some tipps for me with bait and locations.

i had a walk around it yesterday but havent seen any carp but ive seen some sunken trees which could be a good spod ?

thank you

Plenty more walking and looking. It can be worth just sitting watching a spot for a while rather than just walking and looking.

The sunken trees are a good starting point, as will be weedy areas.

As for bait, sweetcorn, particles, with maybe a few boilies thrown in.

As an aside, I had a look at the City of London Hampstead Heath fishing page, that is good value for money! 

This may help you a bit, Alfie Russell has done lots of bits round the London park lakes so there may be more to watch, but they do look like some stunning carp, travel light and walk round getting to know the place maybe dropping some bait in some likely areas and keep walking, 

Edited by elmoputney

4 hours ago, linus1234 said:

Oh is it really that bad in the night?

Lol, in terms of the manly men that cruse the place at night, no they will not bother you other than a passing chat if they see you, very good to get local info from on the more nefarious goings on, it's the violent petty criminals you would need to avoid , just don't be running around with a yellow duster hanging out your back pocket.