Coarse fishing.

finchey

Well I was supposed to be taking my 14 year old daughter coarse fishing today. So I sorted all the gear out, tip rod for her, float rod for me, I went and bought all the bait yesterday, just some father and daughter chill out time. 

Anyway last night she says too me do you mind if I go out with my mates instead of fishing, well I couldn't say no could I. 😀

So it was a chill out day for me doing a bit of float fishing on my local pond, I couldn't waste the bait. 😀

I had a good day lost count of the fish roach perch gudgeon bream rudd and crusian carp. 

This perch had eyes bigger than his belly. Screenshot_20190714-190345.thumb.png.beb95bd1ce24a28354148ef7b09cb098.png

Edited by finchey

22 minutes ago, finchey said:

Well I was supposed to be taking my 14 year old daughter coarse fishing today. So I sorted all the gear out, tip rod for her, float rod for me, I went and bought all the bait yesterday, just some father and daughter chill out time. 

Anyway last night she says too me do you mind if I go out with my mates instead of fishing, well I couldn't say no could I. 😀

So it was a chill out day for me doing a bit of float fishing on my local pond, I couldn't waste the bait. 😀

I had a good day lost count of the fish roach perch gudgeon bream rudd and crusian carp. 

This perch had eyes bigger than his belly. Screenshot_20190714-190345.thumb.png.beb95bd1ce24a28354148ef7b09cb098.png

And tench I forgot about those. 👍 😁

22 hours ago, oscsha said:

Is carp fishing not coarse fishing :)

Yes, it is. However, it's all too easy to become obsessed with the idea that bigger fish are better fish. There is nothing more pleasant than going back to our roots and fishing for whatever takes the bait. Sitting, chilling with no pressure just watching the float and wondering what will pull it under. Love it!

Ian.

11 minutes ago, welder said:

Yes, it is. However, it's all too easy to become obsessed with the idea that bigger fish are better fish. There is nothing more pleasant than going back to our roots and fishing for whatever takes the bait. Sitting, chilling with no pressure just watching the float and wondering what will pull it under. Love it!

Ian.

Yeap couldn't agree more do 'general ' fishing my self , not sure why the thread was titled coarse fishing thats all .Carp fishing is a sub category  of coarse fishing is it not . 

On 14/07/2019 at 19:04, finchey said:

Were this at Finch ??

25 minutes ago, finchey said:

It's becon view in apply Bridge. 

It's a commercial, not on the Wigan ticket. 👍 

Oooo ah...had his Sturgeon taken out last year...there are 1 or 2 smaller ones still in there that wouldnt give them selves up...

1 hour ago, oscsha said:

Haha yes general coarse fishing , as opposed to game or sea fishing . When you go carp fishing your still coarse fishing :) 

I see  you mean general game or general sea fishing. 😀

So if you were planning a carp fishing trip say to France with your mates you would refer to it as coarse fishing trip. 😉

Edited by finchey

13 minutes ago, finchey said:

I see  you mean general game or general sea fishing. 😀

So if you were planning a carp fishing trip say to France with your mates you would refer to it as coarse fishing trip. 😉

You know its simply , Sea , Game or Coarse  , Carp fishing IS coarse fishing !!

Just seems an odd way of describing a bit of general fishing as coarse fishing on a carp forum when carp fishing is a type of  coarse fishing.

8 minutes ago, oscsha said:

You know its simply , Sea , Game or Coarse  , Carp fishing IS coarse fishing !!

Just seems an odd way of describing a bit of general fishing as coarse fishing on a carp forum when carp fishing is a type of  coarse fishing.

OK this is a carp forum with a separate forum for coarse fishing and predetor fishing. 

I know they are all coarse fish and there are the separate forums for people to discuss different types of fishing if they wish to do so. 

So why pick on my post and no one else's when there has been numerous post about different fish chub perch grayling just too name a few. Which are all coarse fish the same as the carp. 

Just because I titled my thread coarse fishing when I was talking about a coarse fishing trip which I had really enjoyed and wanted to share. 👍 

2 minutes ago, finchey said:

OK this is a carp forum with a separate forum for coarse fishing and predetor fishing. 

I know they are all coarse fish and there are the separate forums for people to discuss different types of fishing if they wish to do so. 

So why pick on my post and no one else's when there has been numerous post about different fish chub perch grayling just too name a few. Which are all coarse fish the same as the carp. 

Just because I titled my thread coarse fishing when I was talking about a coarse fishing trip which I had really enjoyed and wanted to share. 👍 

No need to bite I put a smiley face , was meant light hearted hence the smiley !

Grayling is a good one as they are often caught while game fishing  :)

• 4 years later...

Thought I'd drop a post in.

Called into my mates boat yard yesterday took half pint of red n whites two bream one about 3lb the other a skimer and a nice golden rudd hybrid, lost a couple as well.

Not waggler fished in decades! Nearly got pushed in for smashing it on the yard tackle my angling mate was up there a few weeks back and had a larger bream out he cheated though, took his own tackle plus canals is his main venue.

There are some large carp in and out of there my mate had one out a nice low 20 common a few years back, talk of a large dark mirror that is seen in the summer.

Got a few pics on what's app no idea how to move them though, the rudd is a nice one.