Hello again all it's been a while

Well more losses today I managed to lose my new spomb 😥 

Was a strange one tbh fairly normal cast only just hit the clip I thought it was bang on reeled in and nothing on the end, I guess my braid had a weak spot and snapped still not a good session for losing stuff, marker float and feature finding lead, new bobbin , spomb and marbles, 

I did spend the day fishing duel zigs though so it was an experience if nothing else, 

What I have learned it's a fairly shallow , majorly silty lake with mucho detritus with weed and pads on the rise, going to be a bit of a headscratcher I think, 

• 1 month later...

hey guys I thought i would do a little update on my last sesssion, I arrived to find my pre baited swim free, I decided to walk the lake and see what else was available 2 anglers fishing in the far bay made the decision easy to head back to my original planned swim it was hot and there were the occasional fish showing there anyway, turns out it wasn't a bad choice of swim anyway it was hot and its the perfect spot for the fish to be, one thing i noticed the bream were all over the place and they were patrolling over one of my spots, so to start with I topped up with half a dozen spombs on each spot with the third rod being left for a margin trap,then I donned the waders for a bit of reed clearance as they had grown up quite considerably in front of the swim and it was tough to get the rods out clear of those so gardening done,I plopped a pop up on the left and a wafter on the right,  I kept getting loads of liners (or so i thought ) but it took till around 8:30pm and i got a more positive take it was bream no1, I weighed it because it looked quite big 6lb 4oz (no photos as my phone went in the sink thursday )anyway this led to the next take just after dark another finicky but good enough to hit take, another bream probably bigger but i didn't weigh it, before that take i could see fish all over my spots loads of swirls and bubbles etc then the left went quiet and they drifted over to the right spot, I did some night spodding next 6 more to the left then on the 5th to the right hand spot it cracked off and i lost my spomb in the drink, the braid had got caught under the spool, having lost my catapult the week before i was now unable to bait up the spots anymore, 

I got back into the scratcher at about 10pm loads of liners I must say those sonik alarms with the lightweight cygnet bobbins are excellent for sensitivity anyway to cut a long story short I got woken by the 3rd bream at about 1am this one was a proper old warrior bream actually scrapped a bit and it went across the headlight beam and i thought it look like a carp for a second so i actually netted it :)it wasn't and I didnt weigh it but it was bigger than the other 2, that was all i actually managed to catch as the carp evaded me again, I saw one rolling out the back in the morning so lobbed a pva bag at it but it wasn't being fooled this time it kept taunting me for an hour so so before i had to pack up and leave 2 fell to the pop ups and one to the wafter I also tried scent from hells but all 3 fell to my glugged hookbaits so that's nice isnt it :)

and yes i slept under the brolly and absolutely loved it tbh, much more enjoyable than the viper on a mild night no tripping over the post box door I am now a convert 

tight lines all  

elmo 2 tench and 3 breams hope its 4 carp next :)

oh yes i forgot to mention the spomb i could see it trapped in the weed in the morning but i didnt want to ruin my chances of a bite so i waited till the last rod was in then cast one over it on the 3rd go i connected with the spomb and the weed it was connected too and bought it all home safely so I didn't lose my spomb after all you gotta love a happy ending  

Edited by elmoputney