"Decent" barbless hooks????

1 minute ago, smufter said:

Off to France in July, Lake rule is barbless only.

Any recommendations for good ones. Bottom baits and pop ups preferably size 4, may go up to a 6.

Help much appreciated.

Mosquito angling.

Been using there hooks for a couple of years now .

Had carp up to mid 50s on them and never let me down.

16 hours ago, charlieg said:

What Hooks do you normally use? Are these available in Barbless? If so I would stick with what you are confident in and I just like to add a bit of shrink tube to help keep the hook in place.

Could you not just crush the barb on your normal hook pattern. 👍

On 10/01/2019 at 07:40, smufter said:

Off to France in July, Lake rule is barbless only.

Any recommendations for good ones. Bottom baits and pop ups preferably size 4, may go up to a 6.

Help much appreciated.

8 hours ago, finchey said:

Could you not just crush the barb on your normal hook pattern. 👍

Save you some pennys that also...if you have enoigh hooks that is...

On 10/01/2019 at 07:40, smufter said:

Any recommendations for good ones.

I looked at these a while back, when a certain venue allowed/recommended them. 

I posted on here! Only one reply! Said they were OK!

I'd consider buying a pack if I had to fish a barbless venue. 

Screenshot_20190111-161704.png

Screenshot_20190111-161614.png

13 minutes ago, commonly said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961I'd consider buying a pack if I had to fish a barbless venue. 

Made from high grade Japanese wire, the key improvement has been the introduction of a series of minute horizontal grooves on the inside of the specially designed arrow shaped hook point, where historically the barb would have been. These grooves allow the hook to hold securely in the fish’s mouth when pressure is applied, as the flesh presses into the grooves resulting in a firm hook hold with no slippage.

As soon as the pressure is removed the hook returns to a barbless format allowing for easy and safe removal. Simple but so very effective.

£5 for 10 hooks...not bad

3 hours ago, Highy said:

Made from high grade Japanese wire, the key improvement has been the introduction of a series of minute horizontal grooves on the inside of the specially designed arrow shaped hook point, where historically the barb would have been. These grooves allow the hook to hold securely in the fish’s mouth when pressure is applied, as the flesh presses into the grooves resulting in a firm hook hold with no slippage.

As soon as the pressure is removed the hook returns to a barbless format allowing for easy and safe removal. Simple but so very effective.

£5 for 10 hooks...not bad

The French fishery I'm on this June has a barbless rule, too. These hooks look ideally suited, I'll get some. Thanks.

Ian.

14 hours ago, commonly said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961I'd consider buying a pack if I had to fish a barbless venue. 

Good shout. Looking at these on Amazon now. £4.95 for 10. Might just order a pack of 4's and 6's.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/01/2019 at 21:08, commonly said:

Let us know how you get on with them buddy? 

Soddit, I'm not a fan of barbless, but I may as well try them myself!! 

Mine arrived this morning. First impressions are very (very) good. Nice size (some size 4's are like 2's) and the 6's will make an ideal hook for pop up rigs. Seem ultra sharp and a nice matt black colour too.

My lake allows barbed hooks, but I'm going to knock a few rigs up using these Gripz and see how I get on.

16 minutes ago, yonny said:

@smufter what hooks were you using before these and what was wrong with them buddy?

Was using bank tackle's curved shank barbed Yonny. Nothing wrong with them, just wanted to give these "gripz" barbless hooks a run out, as the lake we're fishing in France has a barbless only rule mate. 

Edited by smufter

2 minutes ago, commonly said:

I thought they'd of just slipped on those hooks?? 

I either split them or hook my finger! 😂 

Nice n neat. Combi?? 

Not a combi mate. 15lb n-trap with a little bit stripped back at the weight. They are nice and snug, not going to move........ And I did draw blood from my thumb 😢😢😢

2 hours ago, smufter said:

My "go to" blow back bottom bait rig, tied with the 4's. 

Not such an aggressive inturned eye as my usual hooks so had to incorporate aligners. On "looks" I'm 100%confident 

IMG_20190129_083209.jpg

IMG_20190129_083302.jpg

2 hours ago, smufter said:

Pop up rig using a 6 with a 14mm "ting tong" pop up. After trying to get those hook stops on, my eyes have gone wonky 😖😖😖

IMG_20190129_090905.jpg

Not bad lookin Smuft...on the Blow back..do use attach to quick link n use running rig or just a lead clipsetup...

Just now, Highy said:

Not bad lookin Smuft...on the Blow back..do use attach to quick link n use running rig or just a lead clipsetup...

Running rig mate. I use korda run rig rubbers.... 

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/korda-run-rig-rubber?gclid=Cj0KCQiAkMDiBRDNARIsACKP1FFrOpivILbQiqXjfSRqREoZzm1IGX9Df6mqfV-iOxAoFVQMZ09sn2caAtAfEALw_wcB