Your favourite capture

Dave Hedgehog

Morning all. I’ve had a little look on the forum and can’t seem to find a thread containing people’s favourite captures. Might not be a PB, night be a real looker, could be a great story behind it. So what’s your favourite fish pic?

ill kick off with this one. Caught this year from a margin spot just under my feet. I was on a bit of a dry spell and starting to question everything I was doing. Blown away by the beauty of it and genuinely made my knees tremble when I peered in the net..

DE9A6FB6-2A65-4EF1-9DC9-0AECBB88F8A4.jpeg

Wow, that's a proper minter mate.

I can't post any of my faves due to publicity restrictions and tbh even if I could I'd be hard pressed to choose one.

One was a scraper twenty from a very big low stock pit that took me 6 months to catch (this was years ago when I was well out of my depth on this water, meant the world to me at the time).

One was my target fish in 2016, the best looking carp I've ever caught, a mid 30 linear Nene Valley original. Mint.

One was a 49 lb fully scaled mirror just last year, another Nene Valley original. Need I say more lol.

In 2012 I had a mid 30 in the very depths of winter, mid Jan, -5 conditions, that was a bit of a buzz I can tell you.

I've been very lucky in that I can think of several more that could qualify too. I'd say my fave capture is always the next one!

There was a similar post on a Facebook post the other night and 1 guy posted a pic of a lovely ghost carp at 37lb and I just sat there thinking I've seen that fish before.

So I messaged him and asked where he had caught it and it turns out i had caught it 12 years previous at 23lb.

At the time it was pb and my 1st ever ghostie.

Any way , here it is.

Screenshot_20181217-183914_Gallery.jpg

Favourite mirror... which was really hard to choose as I've had some real crackers over the years,  certainly not  my biggest mirror,  but defiantly one of my personal favourites,  also marked a good zig session where everything fell into place for me .

FB_IMG_1517434805521.thumb.jpg.3e692721f59fccded6114bb9e6bee5b7.jpg

Favourite common also not my biggest,  but it's a survivor after we thought it was lost to otters after doing the disappearing act for a couple of years 

FB_IMG_1520846759371.thumb.jpg.de622687df77bf81cda59462c9baacbd.jpg

49 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

There was a similar post on a Facebook post the other night and 1 guy posted a pic of a lovely ghost carp at 37lb and I just sat there thinking I've seen that fish before.

So I messaged him and asked where he had caught it and it turns out i had caught it 12 years previous at 23lb.

Any way , here it is.

Was this around the time East 17 were popular mate 😁

11 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Morning all. I’ve had a little look on the forum and can’t seem to find a thread containing people’s favourite captures. Might not be a PB, night be a real looker, could be a great story behind it. So what’s your favourite fish pic?

ill kick off with this one. Caught this year from a margin spot just under my feet. I was on a bit of a dry spell and starting to question everything I was doing. Blown away by the beauty of it and genuinely made my knees tremble when I peered in the net..

DE9A6FB6-2A65-4EF1-9DC9-0AECBB88F8A4.jpeg

Stunner mate.

Looks like someone stopped drawing the scales half way through.

1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

Any way , here it is.

This is it 12 years later.

20181217_194853.jpg

38 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Favourite mirror... which was really hard to choose as I've had some real crackers over the years,  certainly not  my biggest mirror,  but defiantly one of my personal favourites,  also marked a good zig session where everything fell into place for me .

FB_IMG_1517434805521.thumb.jpg.3e692721f59fccded6114bb9e6bee5b7.jpg

Favourite common also not my biggest,  but it's a survivor after we thought it was lost to otters after doing the disappearing act for a couple of years 

FB_IMG_1520846759371.thumb.jpg.de622687df77bf81cda59462c9baacbd.jpg

That mirrors a cracker! Great colours. There’s some lovely fish being shown on here. Keep them coming!

To be honest, I couldn't just pick one, there are too many with memories:

28lb, from a river, at the time a pb, caught in a 3 hour trip.

My first 30, or the 3 biggest 20's from the reservoir, all weighing 24.12

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg