Angling Direct 10℅ off

My local tackleshop Wigan has turned into an Angling Direct store.....went the other week....while i was there i joined up to the reward system.....every point you collect is a penny and you can spend instore / online...but not that much in at moment...having a 5 week refurbish.

5 hours ago, spr1985 said:

Fosters (although now part of the ad group) are also doing the 10% off with FOSTERS10

Hello Spr

I can't find the post now , but you mentioned you wear a pair of Skee-Tex Ultralight , how do you find them please ( i.e. how warm , hardwearing )  ? , as you are nutty enough to go fishing when it's snowing - allegedly you're in for a treat this week ! .

Sorry for the post hijack everyone , but with all these discounts flying around maybe someone will treat themselves to a new pair of wellies ? .

:)

1 hour ago, crusian said:

Hello Spr

I can't find the post now , but you mentioned you wear a pair of Skee-Tex Ultralight , how do you find them please ( i.e. how warm , hardwearing )  ? , as you are nutty enough to go fishing when it's snowing - allegedly you're in for a treat this week ! .

Sorry for the post hijack everyone , but with all these discounts flying around maybe someone will treat themselves to a new pair of wellies ? .

Spot on mate, light weight come with a thermal liner (I wear wool socks when fishing too) and they keep my feet nice and warm, as for the hard wearing I can’t really comment as I haven’t had them long enough. But at £30ish I think we’ll worth the money (even better with a discount) and I see a lot of people wearing them on the bank in the winter......so I think that says they are good 

46 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

Spot on mate, light weight come with a thermal liner (I wear wool socks when fishing too) and they keep my feet nice and warm, as for the hard wearing I can’t really comment as I haven’t had them long enough. But at £30ish I think we’ll worth the money (even better with a discount) and I see a lot of people wearing them on the bank in the winter......so I think that says they are good 

37 minutes ago, David_gravesend said:

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/vass-r-boot

have a look at these as well, best thermal boots I’ve owned by far 

Thanks very much fellas , but now you've given me choices ! .

I'll have to get myself down to a tackle shop and try both on to get the sizing right in relation to thickness of socks .

In theory I'm leaning towards the Skee-Tex , because I'm thinking I could take the linings out when / if the weather warms up ? .

4 hours ago, spr1985 said:

Yes the lining is removable 😉*

That is a big plus mate, and I think they sell replacement liners too.

I also read that the tiny bubbles in the material they are moulded from, not only make them lightweight, but add extra insulation.

Glad Crusian asked you about these, as I was going to, lol..... 

Almost bought a pair, then the sun came out.. but looking at next weeks weather they may well be on my shopping list soon, even for just walking the dogs atm....

I had some fur lined wellies once, non removable inners... Ok for a few trips, but soon wore out and didn't smell too good either  :). And I found that once your feet sweated up in them it was impossible to get them warm again.. 

Those Skeetex or similar look just the job.

Skee Tex used to have a factory shop that was cheeper than the tackle shops, I had a pair of the original boots years ago and at the time they were the best on the market, the liners can be removed and replaced with new ones, also it's handy for drying them out should you get a boot full of water ..if I remember correctly they were designed for going to the artic or somewhere......

18 hours ago, B.C. said:

That is a big plus mate, and I think they sell replacement liners too.

I also read that the tiny bubbles in the material they are moulded from, not only make them lightweight, but add extra insulation.

Glad Crusian asked you about these, as I was going to, lol..... 

Almost bought a pair, then the sun came out.. but looking at next weeks weather they may well be on my shopping list soon, even for just walking the dogs atm....

I had some fur lined wellies once, non removable inners... Ok for a few trips, but soon wore out and didn't smell too good either  :). And I found that once your feet sweated up in them it was impossible to get them warm again.. 

Those Skeetex or similar look just the job.

Thanks B.C. ; as you know the Vass R has a fixed fur lining so your observations are very helpful .

11 hours ago, cloud9 said:

Skee Tex used to have a factory shop that was cheeper than the tackle shops, I had a pair of the original boots years ago and at the time they were the best on the market, the liners can be removed and replaced with new ones, also it's handy for drying them out should you get a boot full of water ..if I remember correctly they were designed for going to the artic or somewhere......

I've never owned a pair of the original lace up field boots, but I know some lads that swear by them.. It's the laces that put me off. They don't look as if you could get them on in a hurry if you were jumping out of the sleeping bag.... In fact, I've tried as many different types of winter boots as I can over the years, lace up, zip up, Velcro straps and I have yet to find the perfect boot in terms of  grip, warmth, waterproof and ease of getting on and off and all with a removable lining... Lots of products that promise a lot, but don't quite cut it.....

Incidentally SPR, with those Skeetex Ultralites , would you recommend getting a size bigger, or are they a decent enough fit already. I'm thinking thicker pair of socks and ease of removal....?

If I’m completely honest mate after consulting the sieve that is my brain I can’t remember what size I ordered, I can have a check for you and let you know if ya like.

as for ease of removal ......they come off extremely easily and the inner sock/thermal bit generally leaves the boot with my foot 🤣😂 and then needs to be taken off (or in cold weather left on just in case I need to slip the boots back on quickly....never happens but ya never know ) 

Edited by spr1985

2 hours ago, spr1985 said:

Ok so I had a look and I bought size 12’s I am normally a size 11 but.....dependant on certain brands of trainers I buy 11.5 or 12 so not much help really. Sorry mate   @B.C.

Judging by your comments, A size up should do me. Cheers bud.........

Van goes in tomorrow for a service, depending on what they find, will determine whether or not the pocket money will stretch as far as getting a pair, but they are definitely on the radar. :)

FYI the Skeetex Ultralight was ripped off by Navitas who released the Lite Boot which is slightly cheaper for exactly the same thing. I've been using them for over a year now, they're great. No need to get a size up with either of them - they're already nice and big to accommodate the inner.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:07, yonny said:

FYI the Skeetex Ultralight was ripped off by Navitas who released the Lite Boot which is slightly cheaper for exactly the same thing. I've been using them for over a year now, they're great. No need to get a size up with either of them - they're already nice and big to accommodate the inner.

Ooh you keep saving me money with your suggestions , Yonny ; and the best thing was watching the Tacklebox TV review on Youtube . :D