January catch reports

greekskii

12 hours ago, TnCarper said:

Thanks, I was just happy to have caught something. Also a bit of a milestone for me, first fish caught on a bolt rig.

I have a friend who fishes around Redwood Falls , MN. and he won't have his boat out of storage until April , but I guess where you are is much warmer .

I don't usually fish in January , but reading the posts on this forum I believe  the guys that do fish in January say it's the toughest month ; so if you and Smufter have caught in January and have sorted your bait and rigs out that's got to be looking really encouraging for when Spring arrives - Yonny mentions March in another post as the time  when  Carp get the munchies .

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I had a 2 night session booked for my current target lake, would have been my longest session on there.... so typically it’s closed for otter fencing. 

Theres a bit of a gem round the corner from there on a day ticket so I spent my 2 nights there, it became quickly apparent that bite time was from 4pm onwards with the day light hours being a waste of time. I fished 19 wraps to an island in 2.5tc Rods my arms were knackered by the end but it was well worth it. 6 fish including this 29lb below, considering it was freezeing at night, bright sky’s during the day, I was chuffed just to catch. A 29lb,15lb 2 about 8l  and 2 that probably didn’t go 10lb combined! Happy days

19B4B201-DA05-44FB-96F5-DB27BB68C9E4.thumb.jpeg.7b8d59fc2340e8591b4d221eec4b84d3.jpeg

7DD2109D-6B35-4935-80A3-9387793423D7.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Well I had a 2 night session booked for my current target lake, would have been my longest session on there.... so typically it’s closed for otter fencing. 

Theres a bit of a gem round the corner from there on a day ticket so I spent my 2 nights there, it became quickly apparent that bite time was from 4pm onwards with the day light hours being a waste of time. I fished 19 wraps to an island in 2.5tc Rods my arms were knackered by the end but it was well worth it. 6 fish including this 29lb below, considering it was freezeing at night, bright sky’s during the day, I was chuffed just to catch. A 29lb,15lb 2 about 8l  and 2 that probably didn’t go 10lb combined! Happy days

19B4B201-DA05-44FB-96F5-DB27BB68C9E4.thumb.jpeg.7b8d59fc2340e8591b4d221eec4b84d3.jpeg

7DD2109D-6B35-4935-80A3-9387793423D7.jpeg

Well done Ginger ! .

Did you want to share where you were ? .  

You can pm me if you want , no worries if you want to keep it private .

12 hours ago, crusian said:

Well done Ginger ! .

Did you want to share where you were ? .  

You can pm me if you want , no worries if you want to keep it private .

I have nothing to hide mate :) Was at lakelands, in hatfield pev. Day ticket water that used to be a syndicate. Match man owns it so his put a lot of smaller carp and F1's in there that can be a pain but theres some really nice 20's and a few 30's in there as well. A really nice fishery but its £25 a night and being a day ticket you get a few "bad anglers" on there. Worth a visit...Dont think it would be fun in the summer at the weekend!

1 hour ago, Ginger9991 said:

I have nothing to hide mate :) Was at lakelands, in hatfield pev. Day ticket water that used to be a syndicate. Match man owns it so his put a lot of smaller carp and F1's in there that can be a pain but theres some really nice 20's and a few 30's in there as well. A really nice fishery but its £25 a night and being a day ticket you get a few "bad anglers" on there. Worth a visit...Dont think it would be fun in the summer at the weekend!

Right behind my fiance’s Dads house his mate owns it, never fished it though.....that might change after seeing that lovely looking fish

Just now, crusian said:

Hello Spr

So Bayeswater is still ongoing , just on the back burner for now ? .

Yes mate still ongoing, not really been up much though (aside from last weekend for a work party with mr bayes himself) as got the braxted back lake bug right in between my teeth again, so I have been concentrating my efforts on that.....but come March 14th the club lakes shut up shop until first of may so I shall be getting back on bayeswater for a few 24hour sessions....as always I will update if anything occurs 

21 hours ago, spr1985 said:

Yes mate still ongoing, not really been up much though (aside from last weekend for a work party with mr bayes himself) as got the braxted back lake bug right in between my teeth again, so I have been concentrating my efforts on that.....but come March 14th the club lakes shut up shop until first of may so I shall be getting back on bayeswater for a few 24hour sessions....as always I will update if anything occurs 

So did you get to go out in a boat and have a crafty prod of the lake bed , or did you you just fire 100's of questions at Gary Bayes ? .

Hopefully the weather might have finally warmed up enough by March 14th for wimpy anglers like me to venture out .

I spent the day moving and burning willow tree off cuts that Gary had been cutting down. I did gain some valuable info though and some likely areas that the carp seem to come from....confirmed most of what I already knew from speaking to others really. 

Ill be doing a 24hr soon as I finish work Friday so hopefully I will be able to update at some point Friday night/Saturday morning 😁

1 hour ago, spr1985 said:

I spent the day moving and burning willow tree off cuts that Gary had been cutting down. I did gain some valuable info though and some likely areas that the carp seem to come from....confirmed most of what I already knew from speaking to others really. 

Ill be doing a 24hr soon as I finish work Friday so hopefully I will be able to update at some point Friday night/Saturday morning 😁

Well tight lines , and keep warm .

1 hour ago, spr1985 said:

Judging by the weather forecast id be surprised if any lakes in Kent or Essex are fishable by Friday.

18 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Judging by the weather forecast id be surprised if any lakes in Kent or Essex are fishable by Friday.

Well as Cris Ian quite rightly pointed out I’m “nutty” enough to find out....if I get to the lake and it has a lid I’ll take the ten minute trip back home 😁 if it doesn’t I’ll pitch up and try my luck 

18 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

Well as Cris Ian quite rightly pointed out I’m “nutty” enough to find out....if I get to the lake and it has a lid I’ll take the ten minute trip back home 😁 if it doesn’t I’ll pitch up and try my luck 

Was talking more about the heavy snow that's been forecast.

I was supposed to be going Friday the 2nd but the lakes are already frozen so doubt it will get any better by then.

Looks like I'm going the pub instead.

54 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

Dunno why that says chris Ian was meant to say “Crusian”

as for “heavy snow” will take more than that to stop me mate 🤣😂 4x4 plus a 24hr pass from the missus = I’m going fishing 

The only fishing I've done in over 6 month's mate.... loved it 

FB_IMG_1519591614533.thumb.jpg.b883318e7cc1812e559c2243934a4642.jpg

Best of luck .... take a shovel :D