2 Man Bivvy

2 minutes ago, Richard713 said:

Do you find it large enough to accomodate 2 bed chairs ?

Funnily enough, i bought for the odd occasion the mrs might come with me, she never has though, but yes i could get two beds in, you might need the extra skin to keep the condensation out as with two beds, you might be touching the sides a bit.

1 hour ago, Richard713 said:

Looking around for a 2 man Bivvy that's not too expensive, are they actually big enough for 2 people?

Seen a JRC 2 man for around  £110.

hey richard, i have got the hurricane AS 2 man bivvy, it is ginormus.

you can easily fit two beds in and have room for a tea party in the middle :lol:

if you fit the overwrap on and then remove the bivvy front you extend the size by another half metre and at around £200.00 its a bargain.

they are on the EBay atm for as little as £130 too

35 minutes ago, cyborx said:

hey richard, i have got the hurricane AS 2 man bivvy, it is ginormus.

you can easily fit two beds in and have room for a tea party in the middle :lol:

if you fit the overwrap on and then remove the bivvy front you extend the size by another half metre and at around £200.00 its a bargain.

they are on the EBay atm for as little as £130 too

hey I've never seen that one before, it looks like a monster!

Well as long as there is room for the stove in the middle then happy days!

I'll have a proper look at this one later. 

Does it fold away to a reasonable size?

23 hours ago, Richard713 said:

hey I've never seen that one before, it looks like a monster!

Well as long as there is room for the stove in the middle then happy days!

I'll have a proper look at this one later. 

Does it fold away to a reasonable size?

my last bivvy was a TFG 2 man pop up and that was why i got the hurricane 2 man but you could literally put the tfg inside the other and still walk round it, as for folded i would say that they were both about the same size folded but as the hurricane has aluminium poles as opposed to carbon it comes out at about 6-7 kilo without the overwrap which comes in the price too.

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 12:17, Richard713 said:

Looking around for a 2 man Bivvy that's not too expensive, are they actually big enough for 2 people?

Seen a JRC 2 man for around  £110.

Richard, if you're looking at the re-issue of the JRC STi 2-man don't go there. I have one of the originals and there is no way it's a 2-man. Unless you both share a bed.............

Ian

6 hours ago, welder said:

Richard, if you're looking at the re-issue of the JRC STi 2-man don't go there. I have one of the originals and there is no way it's a 2-man. Unless you both share a bed.............

Ian

I've got a jrc sti 2 man myself, I've had it for a couple years now and only used it a few times. Its a pain setting up and like you say, fitting 2 bed chairs is a nightmare. I would avoid getting this bivvy mate

38 minutes ago, jh92 said:

I've got a jrc sti 2 man myself, I've had it for a couple years now and only used it a few times. Its a pain setting up and like you say, fitting 2 bed chairs is a nightmare. I would avoid getting this bivvy mate

Thanks for the advice on the jrc. Does anyone know much about Cyprinus? 

https://www.cyprinus.co.uk/products/tactical-bivvy?variant=34356965068

8 hours ago, Richard713 said:

Thanks for the advice on the jrc. Does anyone know much about Cyprinus? 

https://www.cyprinus.co.uk/products/tactical-bivvy?variant=34356965068

richard, i have got the cyprinus wide guy bed chair and you just cant fault the workmanship so i would see if you can find somewhere local to have a close look at the bivvy if you can.

on a side note that bivvy looks almost identical to the hurricane that i have, goes up in exactly the same way and with the same components, you could bet that its the same one just re-branded and at a third of the price too :wink:

57 minutes ago, cyborx said:

richard, i have got the cyprinus wide guy bed chair and you just cant fault the workmanship so i would see if you can find somewhere local to have a close look at the bivvy if you can.

on a side note that bivvy looks almost identical to the hurricane that i have, goes up in exactly the same way and with the same components, you could bet that its the same one just re-branded and at a third of the price too :wink:

Looking at the website it does look like a great buy!

Not sure where I can go to see it though, they claim they don't use resellers and only sell direct to the customer.

Did you buy your bed chair online from them?

I think it's slightly smaller than the hurricane when I compared the specs, but we were talking centimeters I think !