The Reverse blowback chod rig

Nutcracker

Created this its abit barmy and goes against the grain on rig concealment but my idea is that with todays camo hooks and watching alot of carp feeding footage are the carp really that concerned by the hooks half the time they seem more focused on the bait.

I've seen alot of small particals bein used above the hook on a hair and the hook stands out the bait is not concealing the hook at all yet people still catch fish.

This rig goes one step further the hook is above the bait this for me does a few things.

A. With the bait being below the hook the carp will without a doubt get the hook in its mouth i have seen alot of footage of carp mouthing the bait and dropping the rig again just picking up the boilie not even touching the hook.

B. The hook is the first thing to enter and does not have any bait getting in the way when being ejected also i have incorperated a blow back section making it even harder to eject.

Also i have used a curved long shank to give it the agressive angle as you want the stiff fluro section to be dead straight so the blow back works also i used that patten to give a gap between the hook and the bait as you dont wanna be sinking your hook into it on the cast.

Is it barmy , do i need help and yes i was twiddling my thumbs as im not on the bank and pretty much been tieing up some rigs for my next outing and was bored.

20170218_113408.jpg

after watching the videos myself , I also have been wondering if there is a way of getting the hook to go in first , the trouble is that if the fish sucks the bait in from the wrong direction the rig just wouldn't work ,there is a good chance of foul hooking the fish outside of the mouth . 

the trick with the particles is the fish are preoccupied with picking up the particles, and don't notice the hook, the fish are used to picking up allsorts of stones and twigs and the hook is just another twig in the mix .

dave 

2 minutes ago, cloud9 said:

I think its good to come up with ideas and get them out in the open sometimes , other peoples views can steer you in the correct direction 

dave 

Thats exzacly why i posted it just to hear peoples thorts and how they would change it or rectify a problem and some good pointers already.

looking at your drawing dean , the weight of the hook will make it hang down rather than stick up . I think that you would have to mount the bait on the hooklink with it pulled up with the eye of the hook just into the bait , using a very fine wired hook , and a very buoyant popup .

dave  

2 minutes ago, cloud9 said:

looking at your drawing dean , the weight of the hook will make it hang down rather than stick up . I think that you would have to mount the bait on the hooklink with it pulled up with the eye of the hook just into the bait , using a very fine wired hook , and a very buoyant popup .

dave  

Yes i see what you mean a long shank is a heavy hook when you come to think of it now ... basically the pop-up on a choddy is making it sit right and here it dont have that ancore holding up hmmm.

I do have a self hooking float when float fishing using smaller hooks for fish feeding off the bottom probley already been done.

Its just a round disk that ive glued on a float shot it down untill the disk just sits off the surface when you get a bite the disk slaps the water and the fish gets hooked its really quite simple.

Edited by DEANO30

7 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Deano, tie the choddy up, difficult to see from the drawing , when you get to my age your eyes will be the same mate.   I love playing about with rigs, even if you don't achieve what you set out to do, you can often pick up one or two things on the way. A lot of people haven't got the confidence to try something different. I saw a rig that Frank Warwick published in one of his books on line recently, I'll try and dig it out. It's different to say the least.

I will tie it up and post it mate no problem

So i have tied it up (a few times) the issue with the hooklink not bein stiff enuff is now solved i used some korda iq2 in 20lb wich is stiff enuff to make the rig sit upright in cojunction with the popup holding the rig up aswell.

I then had an issue with the hook not sitting right flopping to one side a small piece of shrink tube sorted this out the rig now sits right.

The only problem i have is it just looks blooming wrong haha.

20170219_134003.jpg

2 hours ago, Big Common said:

There you go..... pick the bones out of that................ A Frank Warwick Special.............

Wow i had a frank warwick moment mines abit different but same result nice find mate thats gotta be one boyant pop up to hold that rig putty up and the hooklink ... my idea is that the putty sits on the lakebed so takes the strain out the pop-up

But i think mine is still a fail as cloud 9 suggested the weight of the popup would mean that would be sucked in first and leave the hook entering backwards ... i believe my rig taken from above would work but not from the side.

Edited by DEANO30