The Reverse blowback chod rig

Nutcracker

16 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Nice one, but if you notice, Franks has part of the base swivel showing, I would think that allows the rig to twist round when approached from any direction, along with a small curve in the chod section.

It's weird you putting your rig up mate, we were chatting about the FW rig a little while back somewhere else  and trying to fathom it out..... The pic comes courtesy of a mate.

Yes i just have not added a swivel as a cannot find a non quick clip one lol.

One other issue i have sorted is the pop up always ending up behind to hook if you look closely the hooklink does have a slight curve to it and ive just been throwing it in the bowl from the other side of the kitchen like a right wierdo before i put the curve in the popup was landing everywhere after the curve was added the pop-up sits behind the hook everytime.

The remaining issue is as stated the direction of the hook when taken side on ... my thorts are the hooklink is too stiff for the hook to go backwards  for very long and when the boilie is sucked in it will ping back into place after the initial sucking in but this is just say so with no testing as such 

Thorts.

Edited by DEANO30

18 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Don't forget, the bait will nearly always be sucked in from above, so the spring in the stiff material will help as it will be pulling downwards, that's what makes the chod, or hinged stiff rig so effective, IMO... As well as the weighted swivel pulling down enough to engage the hook point. After that it depends on how clever the fish is at getting rid, or how sharp your hook is so the tip of the point stays in long enough for the fish to bolt...... That's how I see it anyway.

So my main issue is not really a big deal as stated the rig will nearly always get taken from above so as it sits its pretty much ready to be tested think i might give it a go just to see what happens.

I have ordered some rig ring swivels that have size 11 rings on both ends of the swivel ... im gonna use a nash chod bead on the main line so by having the rig rings on both ends on the lower one that slides onto the chod bead im gonna mold putty around it the chod bead will still allow the rig to move up and down the line ... with the top also having a rig ring it will still give it that movement.

When they turn up i will tie the whole rig up again.

The thing that this rig has that fw dont is blow back just think back then blow back wasn't even a thing.

Edited by DEANO30

35 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Try it out on a runs water when things warm up a bit, get an idea of hook holds........ Keep us posted bud.

Will do be interesting to see what hook holds it brings ... will be keeping log of fish lost , fish banked aborted runs etc etc my pb is 27 fish in a row before i lost one that of course wasn't all in one session i wished lol.

20 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Looking at it, not sure you need the bottom bead, doesn't look like it does anything.......... Unless I've missed something. the bait will hold itself up and doesn't need a buffer at the swivel end. A PVA nugget will help it stay put on the cast.

The only reason i put a buffer bead at the bottom is because there will be a knot there tied to a swivel and the bait ring might get caught on it also on the cast the bait will be sitting there so a bead will just offer that bit of protection like you said probley not needed just piece of mind thing really.

I could like you said also use foam.

had a bit of a mess about today , with just using 10lb mono and a split shot to sink it , I was surprised to see that the rig will sit upright , the hook is just tied on with a blood knot and the whole lot pulled through a popup and pulled up so the knot just sits into the bait , it does wave around a bit , so by using a stiff hook length im sure that it would work for those fish that only mouth the bait rather than sucking the whole thing in , for those that are interested its a size 6 hook and a 15mm popup .

WP_20170223_11_47_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20170223_11_47_50_Pro.jpg

WP_20170223_11_41_15_Pro.jpg

4 hours ago, cloud9 said:

had a bit of a mess about today , with just using 10lb mono and a split shot to sink it , I was surprised to see that the rig will sit upright , the hook is just tied on with a blood knot and the whole lot pulled through a popup and pulled up so the knot just sits into the bait , it does wave around a bit , so by using a stiff hook length im sure that it would work for those fish that only mouth the bait rather than sucking the whole thing in , for those that are interested its a size 6 hook and a 15mm popup .

WP_20170223_11_47_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20170223_11_47_50_Pro.jpg

WP_20170223_11_41_15_Pro.jpg

I think drilling the boilie out abit so it can slide up and down the line would work better the rig can then twist and turn without the weight of the boilie being attached to it and as i said the stiff line allows the rig to sit upright nice work