flash sale

My fault its dragon carp direct is a sports direct family

tight lines

dave

I'm not to sure your correct on this either .  ( I stand corrected , you learn something new everyday)

Anyway some good deals there if you sift through them .

Edited by oscsha

Marco Cortesi if it's still available from Dragon Carp, or TFG Classic centre pin around £54.

I do love stick float fishing with a centre pin, so much control.

Just ordered the marco cortesi centre pin for £25, never used a centre pin before but after watching a few videos it does look fun :D

Edited by jh92

Just ordered the marco cortesi centre pin for £25, never used a centre pin before but after watching a few videos it does look fun :D

Feels a bit awkward to start with, but you soon get the hang of it. :wink:

Don't overload it with line, 100metres is absolute tops :!:

For stick float fishing go with 4 or 5lb, and let the float do the work, your right thumb on your rod holding hand is there to slow it down as it trots down in the current. You can even retrieve right handed as well.

The big debate is line from the top or bottom of the spool, you'll find what works best for you.

Feels a bit awkward to start with, but you soon get the hang of it. :wink:

Don't overload it with line, 100metres is absolute tops :!:

For stick float fishing go with 4 or 5lb, and let the float do the work, your right thumb on your rod holding hand is there to slow it down as it trots down in the current. You can even retrieve right handed as well.

The big debate is line from the top or bottom of the spool, you'll find what works best for you.

Thanks for the info mate I'm going to get some stick floats, split shots and hooks ordered now. I've got a spool of dinsmores syndicate 6lb 0.20mm line that I haven't used yet, would that be okay? The river I'll be fishing has some decent chub in and I fancy trying to catch one of them too :)

Thanks for the info mate I'm going to get some stick floats, split shots and hooks ordered now. I've got a spool of dinsmores syndicate 6lb 0.20mm line that I haven't used yet, would that be okay? The river I'll be fishing has some decent chub in and I fancy trying to catch one of them too :)

Should be fine.

One thing I will say, Drennan Supplex is not the best hooklink to use though. I spent a lot of time last week changing hooklinks, it got curly very easily!

Should be fine.

One thing I will say, Drennan Supplex is not the best hooklink to use though. I spent a lot of time last week changing hooklinks, it got curly very easily!

Ok mate thanks, what hooklink do you recommend? Never used one when float fishing before, usually just fish straight through lol

Ok mate thanks, what hooklink do you recommend? Never used one when float fishing before, usually just fish straight through lol

I go old fashioned and use Maxima in around a pound, maybe two lighter than the mainline, or occasionally buy ready tied spade end hooks, hooks to nylon.

I simply won't fish without an hook-length, it makes it easier to change hook.

dont know if anyone would be interested but!!!

http://www.sportsdirect.com/flash-sale-six

be ok for someone on a budget :wink:

looking at this link .... would any of you pay the full rrp for the goods they sell & list in this sale ?

Me, no chance & looking at some of it I wouldn't pay the discounted price either.

There's a lot of slating of the more popular brands on here for being a rip off but looking at the rrp's of some of these items you would be paying a lot of money for carboot tat .