Vitalin dog muslie

Sounds like it could be useful for what I want it for then! Got a lake that's fully weeded up. Looking to heavily bait an area with something cheap so the bream/tench etc make a start off the weed. Hopefully a carp or two will show up in the process. I'll start baiting it for them once it's a bit clearer.

Vitalin is a great bulker

I used to mix mine with the mainline activator and water, make hundreds of golf size balls, leave them in the sun to dry a little and catapult the lot out.

I also used to blend it up into a finer powder, it's particularly good for creating new feeding spots.

Edited by Gazlaaar

15kilo bag of Vitalin is £14.90.

Brilliant mix used wet, over wet, nearly dry or as Method.

Can mix in particles, boilies, chops or use neat.

I had a lot of fish over Vitalin, boilies and particles from Ardleigh with it, that was carp and bream which also love it.

Basically wet it about 30minutes before you use it, or add your boiled particles in juice about some sort of time.

You can pour boiling water over it the night before, but I found 30 minutes good enough.

If you mix and ball it, you can freeze the balls, frozen balls (ooh er Mrs :o ) fire out a long way without breaking up

15kilo bag of Vitalin is £14.90.

Brilliant mix used wet, over wet, nearly dry or as Method.

Can mix in particles, boilies, chops or use neat.

I had a lot of fish over Vitalin, boilies and particles from Ardleigh with it, that was carp and bream which also love it.

Basically wet it about 30minutes before you use it, or add your boiled particles in juice about some sort of time.

You can pour boiling water over it the night before, but I found 30 minutes good enough.

If you mix and ball it, you can freeze the balls, frozen balls (ooh er Mrs :o ) fire out a long way without breaking up

Why have you said,as good as word for word as what I've said earlier or do you not read posts anymore

Yeah for sure! Added a handful to my dog's normal raw food diet out of curiosity. They ate it, doesn't mean it's any good mind! :D

There going to eat it... There dogs.... It's a low nutrition feed, did found that it will give your dogs wind.... It's ace for fishing tho. use to buy it for £9 back in the day.... Carp luv it .

• 2 weeks later...

If your looking to add plenty of bits to vitalin then maybe just buy flaked maize at a fraction of the price and add more pellet, boilie, hemp etc rather than bits of veg etc.think a 25k sack of flaked maize in about £8 so very affordable, versatile and fish love it as it's already precooked therefore easier to digest

Edited by The scientist

• 4 years later...
On 21/08/2016 at 01:56, snowmanstevo said:

There going to eat it... There dogs.... It's a low nutrition feed, did found that it will give your dogs wind.... It's ace for fishing tho. use to buy it for £9 back in the day.... Carp luv it .

My dog wouldn't eat that rubbish you've gotta be kidding me.  He only eats treats if they are the same brand as his main food lol  Fussy isn't the word 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

My dog wouldn't eat that rubbish you've gotta be kidding me.  He only eats treats if they are the same brand as his main food lol  Fussy isn't the word 🤦‍♂️

Other side of the coin, one of our chocolate labradors would eat anything. Tulip bulbs, plaster and the plasterboard behind it, the front off my PC, a tap-dancing shoe and part of a wellington boot are items that come to mind. Our vet grew wealthy by knowing this dog.

Ian.

57 minutes ago, welder said:

Other side of the coin, one of our chocolate labradors would eat anything. Tulip bulbs, plaster and the plasterboard behind it, the front off my PC, a tap-dancing shoe and part of a wellington boot are items that come to mind. Our vet grew wealthy by knowing this dog.

Ian.

Well he did eat a full chicken carcass out the bin and some other gross stuff in the early years.  But now hes older hes got fussy.

My daughters puppy is pulling up bulbs and eating those 🤦‍♂️

Sounds like you've had fun Ian 🤣👍

53 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Well he did eat a full chicken carcass out the bin and some other gross stuff in the early years.  But now hes older hes got fussy.

My daughters puppy is pulling up bulbs and eating those 🤦‍♂️

Sounds like you've had fun Ian 🤣👍

Certainly did, Kev. Truth be told I'm daft for dogs, love them and would forgive all mischief.

Ian.

On 10/08/2021 at 16:44, kevtaylor said:

Sky will eat anything, so taking a bag or bucket of Vitalin, nothing goes to waste. What doesn't get used for bait she will eat dampened down neat or mixed with her Corporals Crunch. Huskies eat pretty much everything, they are self sufficient and run free in summer in their own habitat in Siberian. 

Vitalin can have the problem of being high visibility, coots, ducks and swans will feed on it, but just as easily, and has been pointed out, it can be used to feed them off... As well as being attractive to fish; all non predator species. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2021 at 14:57, salokcinnodrog said:

Sky will eat anything, so taking a bag or bucket of Vitalin, nothing goes to waste. What doesn't get used for bait she will eat dampened down neat or mixed with her Corporals Crunch. Huskies eat pretty much everything, they are self sufficient and run free in summer in their own habitat in Siberian. 

Vitalin can have the problem of being high visibility, coots, ducks and swans will feed on it, but just as easily, and has been pointed out, it can be used to feed them off... As well as being attractive to fish; all non predator species. 

I've used vialin to very good success for smaller carp between 5-15lb for a cheap bulk bait many times and always darken it a bit, my dogs love it I mix it into their meals and catch my boxer burying his head into the bag when I leave it out but then again my boxer will eat anything that goes. He got into a bag of squid and octopus fishmeal boilies once and my god the farts were awful. That [censored]ed me off more than losing a chunk of my bait.