New Gardner main line.

I need some new main line and fancy a change from the line I've been using.

Seen good reports on both the Gardner GT-HD and Pro Light Blend, specs on the Gardner site seem pretty similar but GT-HD is nearly twice the price of the Pro.

Any users of either or both that could offer some advice or recommendation please - is the GT-HD worth the extra?

I went over to Shimano Technium Black a few years ago and will never use anything else.

A bit more expensive than others, but it's performance makes it worth it.

Spools up well, sinks well, and is as tough as old boots.

I have my "everyday" spools loaded with 12lb, and my spare spools loaded with 15 if I'm fishing snaggier waters or fishing in France where theoretically I am going to come into contact with bigger lumps.

For general angling I've been using the Pro Dark. However, my mate just spooled up with GT-HD and I have to say it's even better. It's more supple than the Pro and has a lovely finish to it that casts brilliantly. It's possibly the best looking line I've seen.

I've just bought some of the new Rig Marole SLS to try. If I don't get on with it I'll be moving to the GT-HD without a doubt.

Have been using the HD this year. Very supple, a dream to cast and sinks well (even though I sit there cursing it as I switched from fluoro and its obviously slower than that). I'm using in 15lb and cant fault it. Spool it up properly (as gardner instructions) and it wont be coiled or twisted at all