pebble drop off system

gagnaccarp

Gagna, if I had the tools and time definitely all my leads would be paltrax stonez copies! Got to say though I don't quite understand when you say you don't want to dump the lead as won't the weak link break on a take? Also as another benifit I guess being sand stone they would have some absorbant quailites (?) You could soak them in some glorious carp attractors

So you are happy to loose the pebbles though? If happy to loose pebbles I would try the paperclip but with a tail rubber. I think you'd get the pebble back when reeling on but you'd loose it every take. I reckon with a rubber you could ditch the ring and cotton. But would you still be worried the rubber may snag? I'm just looking at it to save time on prepping.

Pallatrax ! sure are some quality  looking stones  !

A few of the places I fish are rocky I have had a few line grating moments where you can feel  your line is grating over something and on seeing the damage to my mainline and  shock leader consider it lucky not to of snapped ! ( twice in 2 years ) my shock leader was more than half way through ,I was very impressed with it for not snapping it took a real pounding !

im sure I can make a years supply in a few hours ,drilled , sanded ,everything , and if the worst  happens then , ive done my best to make sure mr carp isn't going to get tethered ,

I would like to still have the option of casting out though !

while I have some time on my hands I will look at a few other ideas, I was thinking about drilling the hole with a bigger bit and possibly filling with something that could slowly leak out,this would have to be done after both lines had been passed through or drilling a separate hole and filling it , could be handy on rivers as it will not wash away with the flow ,and cant be nicked by bream ,

stink%20pebble_zpsd9brq452.jpg

so , this is the latest that i have thought of , what im thinking of doing is creating a cocktail of something that is nice n smelly and packing that hole (12 mm by around 40mm),i would like to use something natural like mashed snails or liver ,mixed with something so it will leak over a 3 - 4 hour period , maybe even filling the hole and letting it set and that way i could prepare everything for a long session !

last year , september october time whilst fishing in the margins i baited up as usual , and got the odd twitch on my line which becomes more common the later in the season it gets ,especially in the margins , anyway the sun moved round and lit up where i had baited up (in the shade under the trees )a few minutes earlier and i couldnt understand where all my sweetcorn had gone , in under 3 minutes ! so i chucked a few more in and before they were hitting the bottom they were being eaten by that years brood of various fry , and when i chucked a good handfull in , the bottom just became a seething mass! ,they must of had a good year as there was far more than the previous year ! so it would be nice to have something in there that would do a bit of attracting that cant be eaten by the little hoovers !

I know very little about attractors , and according to my last girlfriend ,i didnt rank very highly at filling ! mmm maybe not

so i need help filling that hole !

I would think maybe plugging with something bio - degradable and natural that would take on liquid attractors. Something like cork or another porous wood. It should over time decompose and I wouldn't think it would be damaging to the environment. although I'm not an expert.

Another suggestion would be to fill it with boilie paste or maybe Belachan block, cut and squeezed in to fill it. Both would I imagine gradually break down.

If you want it the attraction to last maybe add the porous material into the bottom 15mm and the remainder fill with your other mix.

Edited by androoooo

ALL GOOD STUFF ! thanks for the reply's .

I am going to look into the leak rates of all things I can think of , I have thought of popping a wooden bung in both ends  using  a porous wood like balsa with the bung to be around 8 - 10 mm long with the middle length of the pebble completely filled with leaky filler, possibly  corresponding everything , 12 mm drill 12 mm  doweling , maybe soaking a pre cut lengths of dowel and having them in a goo pot on the bank ready to pop in to the  pebble ,maybe a length of hemp rope soaked in goo at the required diameter ? I will keep faffing around !

wow ! did you find the little ones tricky to drill buzz , was that with a standard masonry bit ? I have thought of using a bit that's used for drilling ceramic tiles , possibly !

I do manage to get through sandstone without the hammer action though (less damage on exit hole ), making sure that where the bit is going to emerge from is sat on something , usually wood to stop a chunk  of stone being forced off as the drill head emerges . !

wow ! did you find the little ones tricky to drill buzz , was that with a standard masonry bit ? I have thought of using a bit that's used for drilling ceramic tiles , possibly !

I do manage to get through sandstone without the hammer action though (less damage on exit hole ), making sure that where the bit is going to emerge from is sat on something , usually wood to stop a chunk of stone being forced off as the drill head emerges . !

Those are prehistoric artifacts, Gagnacarp, stone age fishing weights.