The football thread

Well that didnt work out did it :)

What do you reckon on your chances next week stevey ?

You have your annual rout against us the following saturday ?

Are the reds coming into form or was it just what you should have expected from the home team in a semi-final ?

I still think we've got half a chance Tim, LFC were excellent, and barring the post and 2/3 top class saves could easily have run out worthy winners. It's easy to say the onus was on us being home team etc but this is a strong Chelsea side. Mourinio definetly parked the bus !

We're not coming into form it's already there,i think we've lost once in our last 14 matches in all comps, and with sturridge coming back that can only make us stronger.

Take 70goals out of any footy team and they'll struggle (loss of Squarez and Sturridge).

But we've changed our system,the new signings have got up to speed a bit more and if we keep on putting performances like the other night well be there or there abouts. 5 points off top 4 semi in one cup, Bolton on Saturday, still in Europe the cups still half full.

Just need to show Ballotelli were the back of the net is now

You have Pace there steve and Cahill & the other Oaf cant cope with it .

Thats why Hammers fans were outraged on boxing day .

BFS had the opportunity to go with Sakho and Valencia up front with Downing at the tip of the Diamond which brought us our early season successes but chose to plod about with AC reverting to type. Imo The plastics are vulnerable when you have a real go .

BFS wouldnt but your lot have to so im looking forward to it :wink:

I see your point Tim but having a go against Chelsea and you can find yourself a couple of goals behind before you know it. I think theve been lucky with injuries, and I think there the only side that could stop Real Madrid winning the champs league. My god if Theo could only here me now !!!!!

I see your point Tim but having a go against Chelsea and you can find yourself a couple of goals behind before you know it. I think theve been lucky with injuries, and I think there the only side that could stop Real Madrid winning the champs league. My god if Theo could only here me now !!!!!

Lol , yeah next week will be interesting for sure .

Difference is we had nothing to lose because we always always lose at chelsea anyway .

Same as Anfield . 1963 last time we won there so the fans want us to go for it but BFS wont .

You have a cup final at stake :wink:

Oh you have nothing to worry about on that score

West Ham are beaten before the coach hits the M62 when it comes to Anfield matches .

I still remember standing in the Anfield road end and losing 5-1 many moons ago after pretty much running the show first half .

John Lyalls last game as manager .

There's the 1st upset already well done Blackburn,I've always had a bit of a soft spot for em.

Think your right Tim Brum have got a great chance and I'm sure Pulis won't be too disappointed with prem survival prioraty

They beat Swansea ? Oh well thats my bet down already ffs