The football thread

Sorry Nick/Tim but I don't go along with the instant success/divine right thing. Of course you want to see your team improve every year,what footy fan doesn't. But our realistic target is champs league footy,and always has been.

I think he will get time,without a shadow of a doubt he'll get to run his contract unless things go drastically wrong. I think Rodgers had some bad luck at LFC from just missing out on the league to nearly winning us a cup.

But this transfer committee is a real problem at our place,and I think this was Rodgers downfall. I'm not saying he was a yes man, but a stronger manager would of said NO ! To some of the signings we've had,maybe he did end up not being big enough for the job.

I think Klopp could of walked into any top job around Europe,and as I've said earlier he wasn't my number one choice,but we have got a manager who is well respected and who knows it could be the perfect match ???

When teams come in for players and offer ridiculous amounts for players (Torres,Suarez,Sterling) and the teams can offer them a chance of silverware it's virtually impossible to keep them, we may have sold our Crown Jewels but we still have quite a bit of spending power....... Only paperwork stopped the biggest/richest club in England from loosing there goalie...... When the call from the Spanish giants comes,not many can resist...... Let's say Madrid want Hazard,and he fancys a move,there's nothing a club can do if the players heads turned.

The instant success supporters is just the younger society in general...... There use to getting what they want when they want and fast.......

A bit like wanting a 20 or a 30 if they want one they spend there money on the 100,s of venues around till they get one or get bored and take up golf

Hi Tim

I've just read that Fat Sam is saying in his autobiography that there's no such thing as playing in " The West Ham Way " .

i think it may have been when Keith Burkinshaw was Spurs manager I used to love playing West Ham - the ball passed to feet , the game flowing from end to end .

Fat Sam just sounds bitter that you Irons never liked him ( except for CM ! ) .

:wink:  

• 2 weeks later...

Quiet on here today . Anyone got anything nice to say about West Ham yet ?

Looks like Carraghers crawled out of Sam and formed his own opinion :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3286766/Dimitri-Payet-perfect-fit-West-Ham-Way-beat-Chelsea-Slaven-Bilic-s-six-contenders.html

Hi Tim

Shows you what a proper manager can do ! .

How lovely that Arsenal are revving up ahead of the North London Derby - Theo Walcott will probably feel he has a point to prove and score a hat trick ! .

Feel sorry for Tim Sherwood , I've always liked him , no p.c. Sound bites , just calls a spade a spade .

Nope. You're still mid table also runs :mrgreen:

...How did that work out :wink::P:lol::mrgreen:

Ah but the rotten core of the Apple has been removed and shipped north and the seeds of a new orchard are being sown .

We don't really care if we finish 17th as long as we are being entertained .

When West Ham fall away this year it'll be down to injuries , squad deficiencies , and generally not being good enough . Yet .

And not because Bilic dismantled an exciting winning team in order to make room for his love child and lurch :wink:

Besides , your still gutted about the way we slaughtered you at your place :) :)

Even you have to admit , that wasn't a one off freak result not having seen what has followed .

That Carragher article above is just a sign of what may be to come from the press boys .

It's only a matter of time before they start concentrating on what West Ham are achieving rather than blaming results on the 'big' boys mistakes.

Here's to the Wet Spam way :)

Well done to Sheffield Wednesday. Thoroughly deserved to win tonight, and the score doesn't flatter them either.

We were totally shocking, poor performances by everyone with no desire and no urgency; but that's not taking anything away from Sheffield Wednesday. They were the better team, hands down.

Our entire team should be fined a month wages for a complete lack of passion. They weren't fit to wear the shirt tonight!!!!

50/50 Tim.

Cech, DeBuchy, Chambers, Gibbs, Giroud. Oxlaide-Chamberlain off injured after 5 minutes and replaced with Walcott who also went off injured 10 minutes later.

And the Wednesday player who scored the third goal should have been sent off midway through the first half.

But we didn't create a good chance until the last ten minutes when there were two chances that Giroud didn't even try for.

There are a lot of excuses that we can hide behind, but the cold truth is Sheffield Wednesday were the better team, hands down.

no one cares about this cup, it sounds silly as its a trophy but the real prize for this competition is considered a punishment (europa league).

I think if the format of the europa league was changed to straight knockout the competition might get some interest again as the pure amount of games is a bit of a joke. That being said, I dont understand why teams like West ham, Liverpool and Spurs havent gone full on to try and win this competition. Im an Arsenal fan and if arsenal get knocked out of the CL into this competition i would like to see us try and win it.

Without a doubt the league cup needs a boost somehow, If the english premier league teams wont take it seriously then maybe we should add the scotish clubs?

no one cares about this cup, it sounds silly as its a trophy but the real prize for this competition is considered a punishment (europa league).

I think if the format of the europa league was changed to straight knockout the competition might get some interest again as the pure amount of games is a bit of a joke. That being said, I dont understand why teams like West ham, Liverpool and Spurs havent gone full on to try and win this competition. Im an Arsenal fan and if arsenal get knocked out of the CL into this competition i would like to see us try and win it.

Without a doubt the league cup needs a boost somehow, If the english premier league teams wont take it seriously then maybe we should add the scotish clubs?

Is this post about the Europa league or the Capital One cup ?