suffolk water park

:?:

does anybody fish the suffolk water park

i am trying to step up my game now and would realy like to do some time on there,but i haven't got a clue and it looks scary.If somebody was a regular i wondered if i could tag along for the night or maybe just a walk round and a chat if its possible drop us a line cheers all happy hunting

This Lake is shaped like a Horseshoe, with the side nearest the Entrance being the shallower of the 2 sections.

The 25 acre Big Fish Water holds some fantastic looking fish including the catchable "Grey Tail".

There are something in the region of 5 different 30lb plus Carp, and the inimitable Carrot, a Bright Orange Koi, that comes out around the 25lb Mark

There's everything you need at this place including; toilets, showers and a great cafe which delivers food directly to your swim if required.

Day tickets available from the Site Office and MUST be purchased before Fishing. The lake can get busy in summer.

Facilities: Toilets, shower and locked gates

Shaped like a Horseshoe, very weedy in places, gravel patches that will shred line, and Carp that move around the Lake very fast, normally away from pressure, especially the Carrot, a Koi that weighs about 25lb.

The depths range from 3foot on the side nearest the Cafe, Tackle shop and ticket Lodge, to 15foot around the far side.

The problem with SWP is that you can be doing very little wrong but blank for months, or equally be a complete muppet and catch on your first trip. :?

Location is mega important and the Carp don't normally respond to Stalking tactics.

Small Roach can tear a Bait apart in hours. I've seen quite a few people fish a bare hook without realising it overnight!

suffolkwaterpark2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'll give you warning, its fishing very hard at the moment.

The Carp were getting ready to spawn this week and were hanging around the shallows. Not eating anything, scared of zigs and avoiding Baited areas.

This weather change will probably have stopped them spawning, and they aren't likely to get onto the munch until they have actually gotten that over and done with.

No Mate, I haven't read it.

Dave Lane was fishing it a couple of weeks ago when I was there, really nice bloke. Mind you he did see me and my mate walking round twice and climbing up and down trees looking for the Carp. We didn't disturb him while he was fishing until he was packing up, so maybe that was why he was free with his information, and we did offer some back.

He's done well on there

i think you might of been there the same time he did the article. he did winkle one out as he walked to the rods to reel them to give it kneck.

I know he fished it last year and had a couple out on zigs. He was fishing a swim on the Road bank the other week, and had a 30 as did Paul Forward.

I'll give you warning, its fishing very hard at the moment.

The Carp were getting ready to spawn this week and were hanging around the shallows. Not eating anything, scared of zigs and avoiding Baited areas.

This weather change will probably have stopped them spawning, and they aren't likely to get onto the munch until they have actually gotten that over and done with.

Thanks for that i got caught out this weekend at local lake didnt know they were spawning intil i was there still caught 3 fish but nothing big.

will have to give them a ring before i go if not will have to fish some where else...

cheers

jon

• 5 weeks later...

Carp have spawned now, slow to start munching, but three caught overnight and three lost, so hopefully things are on the move again...

Most weeks have been fishing well, must be this cold snap that have put them off.

At the last count there were 21 DIFFERENT 30's out this year up to now.

Prices aren't bad either, 17 quid for 2 rods for 24 hours, 18 quid for 3 rods for 24 hours and 4 rods costs 22 quid.

website just launched too, swp.com (swp being writen in full but without the spaces - all in little letters)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey mate. Sounds like a few people been struggling on the park! I've fished it since pete clapperton bought it several years ago. I've had all 30.s bar 2. Which incidentally are the 2 best looking- the Stop Linear and the Immaculate Common. I occasionally dabble down there for them but am on west stow now. The water park is a cracking venue and not as hard as people say. What do u want to know. I'll spill the beans! Quite a few are secretive there but i dont care as i've had most of the fish i want! Most important is location. The fish move in groups and there's only 150 in there so if u turn up and plonk in any old swim u could b nowhere near fish. If you get on them u can have 2 or 3 in a night. And although the water park has had 2 REPORTED 40's its never done one that anybody has witnessed being weighed and neither of those fish have looked like goin over 40 since so they'r a bit suspect to say the least! Its a great place to go if u want big fish. You are really unlucky if u have a double. My first fish from there was 37lb 12oz! Let me know what you want to know and i'll sing like a bird. Dont know if i'll get in trouble for this cuttie Water Park website has a forum dedicated to the park. There is some fools on it and some sense! My username is the same on that forum. Good luck. Clark

from the two sessions i have had there recently i can offer this (i caught a 27)

go during the week, igonre weekends as it gets really busy, the deep side, pegs 1/6 onwards there is a real prob with fishing areas, as you all look at the same water!!!!

look for Carrot, the mobile fish marker, if it is in he shallows fish it, if it is in the deep side fish it, this gives you a massive boost as it is never alone!!!

my second session ended when Carrot swam at speed across me on its way to the opposite side, no bleeps ,no nothing, the guy with Carrot in front had 2 30's and others

i cannot wait to go back to tackle a 30, a friend caught the immaculate common, 32lb or so, now we are talking, good luck

Thats pretty much right. 1to 6 are only good in cold or miserable weather as it drops down deep. As does peg 12. Carrot always has about 10fish with it. And usually if you can see clearly from high in a tree carrot is the smallest of that group and carrot goes 27lb odd. All the fish move in groups of 10 or so. Which makes it tricky as their is only about 120 to 150 fish in there! And weekends are mindless. There is no limit on how many anglers so i went down a couple of weekends ago and every single peg on the 47peg lake was taken. The fish were hiding and nobody caught anything. There is a huge area of water behind the trees of pegs 1 to 5 where its not possible to get rods to. The fish retreat there when its busy. Dont blame them. The water park is also opening a runs water round the back of the golf course. Its going to be 50quid a night. No thanks!