Hook Link Material Worms

androoooo

It went out on mono....saw a fish crash 20 yards away and thought I'd seen the reeds moving a few mins earlier so couldn't wait.

Was thinking mono as there's some stiffness to stop them tangling it which they might with braid.

If I get any other ideas may try them later.

Cheers guys...stuck with mono but next time will try the combi. Newmarket the reeds are fairly close by but want to have the option of putting it to showing fish. Nothing happened so I fired it down to some lilys. Just had movement again so it's back in the left margin. Got a picture Andy? [emoji6]

Nice one....well I've had to give up with the worms. Was just cooking a burger and saw a fish show twice within a yard or two of the rig. A minute later the alarm starts going and I'm thinking here we go.....reel it in and it's a 3-4 oz perch that's decided to swallow a size 6 hook and 4 worms. Having seen fish show I underarm back into position and 5 minutes later another perch.

So I've switched to a few pieces of maize to see what happens.

For worms don't use anything other than the super awesome mega munga, crackin krankin, worm wackin, carp catchin...........sharp hook.

Make sure that you tie it with "stuff". "Stuff" is the best hooklink.  Dont think about it, just grab it.  Use "stuff!!"  

There is probably loads of it on ur reel's spool.

:wink:

I frequently use worms as bait and have no particular favourites when it comes to hooklinks so I tend to assess the water and my swim's accessible features before choosing what to use.

I've had good results using black coated braid with the final inch of coating stripped back to give me a hinge effect and a button of black rig foam to lift the lobbies up a little.

Ian

There's some massive perch in there! Stick to the worms and target them - that's what I would be doing on there!! No bream in there from what I know, but he has stocked chub into it?????

Big perch, big perch, big perch!!!!!!!

Cor Yeah !

Nige you're right on the chub but none have come out. Believe they went in to try and keep the fry under control.

It's proving a difficult water to me. It's small at 2.5 acres with 80 fish and barely anyone has multiple captures. Even more experienced anglers.

I went with worms as the fish do seem a little pre-occupied on naturals. I've watched them swim over a baited area with no rig and go suck snails of the tree roots. Hence trying something different.

First few sessions I had nothing but now over the last two I've had a 23 a 14.5 and a 12.5. So I'm starting to understand it more and their feeding areas. I've come down to walj round and drop baits in to try to understand where they feed and keep notes of where I see any signs.

I'll dig more worms next trip and try them again with some of the advice from the forum members. I like Welders approach and seems much safer than injecting worms with a needle to give them a little lift.

Seems like you've been really working at it Andy , and beginning to reap the rewards too by the sounds of it .

Miles better than drifting from venue to venue wondering why your not catching ...

A few could do with taking a leaf out of YOUR book mate :wink:

I have but the stocking to size means I can't understand why more people don't catch more, more often.

All I can think is their very wary and easily spooked. Even putting baits to showing fish hasn't worked?? The 23 came after two weeks prebaiting a few spots. Doing the 2 hour return journey a few times a week to introduce a few handfuls on some feeding spots I'd identified. Maybe half a kilo on each spot.

Just packing up now and about to introduce some baits to those spots ready for a fortnights time. If I can get down in between I will but have a few days in London this week which makes it difficult.

I'm gutted this morning, the 12.5 tangled my other rod so I had to bring it and cut around 30 yards of line. I went for a walk this morning and the whole area was fizzing. I've popped a bait back out whilst I had breakfast and started packing up but am near enough certain if I hadn't got tangled there would have been another.

I have but the stocking to size means I can't understand why more people don't catch more, more often. -

Dont worry about more people - you are on your way to cracking it because you are doing the time and effort :)

Fingers crossed I will. There's a stunning linear just shy of 20lb when last out. It's added 2lb since last season so they're growing on it's one of my targets. That and a dark scaled common that hasn't been out but I've seen a few times boshing that I and another guy with 60 years carping experience put at close to 30 having seen it. If I get those two I'll be a happy man.