Looking for a good carp water

paxmans AC mate, 7 or 8 lakes, cats to 60 carp to mid 30. awesome friendly club. dont mean to sound disrespectful but how much carp fishing you done? little syndi close to me mistley/bradfield. imho i wouldnt bother with CAPS, to much aggro on their waters

Thanks mate will be looking at that today

Did feel something wasn't right with caps but couldn't put me finger on it

I walked into a tackle shop here in clacton Brian deans tackle his advertising for caps members

When I asked about a certain lake he didn't know what I was talking about ?

Talk about good advertising

As for the carp fishing

Been fishing carp for years mainly in the Kent area

Done a couple of trips to France

Got all the gear but no idea pmsl

Once again cheers mate hard when u don't know the area

I was a member of caps for a couple of years and only really fished prestons and bovvy and i must say never had a problem with anyone even woke a bloke up at 3 in the morning to take a photo for me every one i met was alright and for the money i dont think you can go wrong,Im now on a essex syndicate lake,But i would join caps again deffo just for prestons lake IMHO thats worth the money alone. 

I was a member of caps for a couple of years and only really fished prestons and bovvy and i must say never had a problem with anyone even woke a bloke up at 3 in the morning to take a photo for me every one i met was alright and for the money i dont think you can go wrong,Im now on a essex syndicate lake,But i would join caps again deffo just for prestons lake IMHO thats worth the money alone. 

Any tips for prestons mate? Fished it for the first time at the weekend and apart from a few bream i blanked, no one else done much better if im honest but any advice welcome!

Any tips for prestons mate? Fished it for the first time at the weekend and apart from a few bream i blanked, no one else done much better if im honest but any advice welcome!

If you can get the swim up at the nature reserve and ambush them as they come out.Or do hickers where you wade out to ambush them.As far as i know get your rigs in the old river bed 1st  island to the right was allways good for me and some times the dam wall can produce there was a swim just over the dam that juts out a bit that a couple of blokes had a couple when i was there once dont know the name of it though.I fished it a few years back so things could have changed i dont know but as far as i remember the old river bed the 1st island you come to from the car park to the right just behind it you will find that and the swim is massive.Hope this helps you catch good luck.

By the way if you fish bovvy 2 get the car park or point and fish at the back of gravel bar from car park or front from point thats where the fish will be in the hot weather. Good luck 

bovvy had terrible problems with tyres being slashed if you was in someones swim, houchins had terribles problems with bullying for the same reason. olivers always been ok cause it aint a carp water as such a[art from the fact that people were nailing catfish to the posts cause they didnt like them, that was a few years ago though. snake pit terribly clicky. awful club that charges near syndicate money now imho

Thanks mate will be looking at that today

Did feel something wasn't right with caps but couldn't put me finger on it

I walked into a tackle shop here in clacton Brian deans tackle his advertising for caps members

When I asked about a certain lake he didn't know what I was talking about ?

Talk about good advertising

As for the carp fishing

Been fishing carp for years mainly in the Kent area

Done a couple of trips to France

Got all the gear but no idea lol

Once again cheers mate hard when u don't know the area

pm sent

If you can get the swim up at the nature reserve and ambush them as they come out.Or do hickers where you wade out to ambush them.As far as i know get your rigs in the old river bed 1st  island to the right was allways good for me and some times the dam wall can produce there was a swim just over the dam that juts out a bit that a couple of blokes had a couple when i was there once dont know the name of it though.I fished it a few years back so things could have changed i dont know but as far as i remember the old river bed the 1st island you come to from the car park to the right just behind it you will find that and the swim is massive.Hope this helps you catch good luck.

By the way if you fish bovvy 2 get the car park or point and fish at the back of gravel bar from car park or front from point thats where the fish will be in the hot weather. Good luck

Teriffic post this . No secret squirrels here :)

bovvy had terrible problems with tyres being slashed if you was in someones swim, houchins had terribles problems with bullying for the same reason. olivers always been ok cause it aint a carp water as such a[art from the fact that people were nailing catfish to the posts cause they didnt like them, that was a few years ago though. snake pit terribly clicky. awful club that charges near syndicate money now imho

Difference between something like caps and a syndicate water? I mean like actually whats the difference?

Bovvy had a 47 out last week, Just in case anyone was interested in knowning.

Thanks pal, Yeah i fished opposite the car park in the corner and fished just off the margin wall and just out in front. I wasnt aware of of the old river bed, i was probably just yards away from it.

I will probably stick to Olivers (as theres a few nice koi in there i wanna get my hands on) and prestons when i get the odd weekdays off so i can grab the swims i want. Thanks for all your help pal.

Teriffic post this . No secret squirrels here :)

Whats terrible about it the man asks for advise and i gave him some he did not know about the place unlike you and no theres no secrets about the place.

As for bulling tyres etc when i was a member never see it happen like i said only really fished prestons and bovvy and found it ok both lakes imo have some nice fish in and as i remember 160 quid not really syndicate money. 

Difference between something like caps and a syndicate water? I mean like actually whats the difference?

Bovvy had a 47 out last week, Just in case anyone was interested in knowning.

the difference is about 2700 members for a start lol. plus the little and bullying

Whats terrible about it the man asks for advise and i gave him some he did not know about the place unlike you and no theres no secrets about the place.

As for bulling tyres etc when i was a member never see it happen like i said only really fished prestons and bovvy and found it ok both lakes imo have some nice fish in and as i remember 160 quid not really syndicate money. 

never see it or didnt want to? bovvy had terrible problems with tyres being slashed, houchins had terrible bullying problems, tbh they ended up banning a member for life because of it. snake pit has problems with people holding swims for mates. i have seen all the problems and a mate had 2 tyres slashed because he had the big common out a ferw years back, another mate was threatned with a shovel, again cause he had the big one out. nick the bailif at bovvy was threatened in front of his girlfriend for casting onto someone elses baited spot, the other bloke was fishing well out of his area and the bailif underarm flicked a bait into his own margin. now i aint been a member of caps for about 6 years now, never join again but to be fare MAYBE they have sorted the problems out?

Pine pool at Kingsbury can be a bit intimidating in the summer for some, on a weekend you need to take the Bear out Salmon fishing approach, I have never heard of any one being threatened , but I wouldn't be surprised, some of the lads that turn up in the evening can get a bit stropy if they don't get the swim they want, I had it a bit last year, guy stood behind me on his phone moaning about what swims were taken. After a few visits like that and them seeing me catch the attitude changed and secrets were shared.

A water i used to fish only had one swim that consistantly produced the carp on a regular basis, as it was the only one that you could safetly cast into the out of bounds margins. It was called the "end swim" or "snag" swim and was exteremly popular. (you could fish the hot margin from the end swim on the otherside "rats/pipe" swim if you placed your rods on storm poles and have them around the overhanging trees in the margins about 5-8yrds out and live in waders!) You would just be setting up when you'd get other carpers asking when your going! Leaving their bivvies behind to secure the swim or giving you their phone numbers so you could call them!! Crazy stuff!

:rolleyes:

never see it or didnt want to? bovvy had terrible problems with tyres being slashed, houchins had terrible bullying problems, tbh they ended up banning a member for life because of it. snake pit has problems with people holding swims for mates. i have seen all the problems and a mate had 2 tyres slashed because he had the big common out a ferw years back, another mate was threatned with a shovel, again cause he had the big one out. nick the bailif at bovvy was threatened in front of his girlfriend for casting onto someone elses baited spot, the other bloke was fishing well out of his area and the bailif underarm flicked a bait into his own margin. now i aint been a member of caps for about 6 years now, never join again but to be fare MAYBE they have sorted the problems out?

This must have been before my time when i was there levi was the bailiff and he was a nice fella i thought, I know some clubs are very clicky  but i never saw or heard anything like that on bovvy or prestons