Rigs

sgore

Always tie my own that way you only got yourself to blame if something goes wrong! As for buying rigs its a rip off and i imagine those who do aint always fishing with the sharpest hooks because they be less inclined to change them due to cost! Also some guy on 8 pence an hour in the far east couldnt care less if some guy in England loses a big fish!

Not all ready tied rigs are crap lol. I do have a rig tying business on ebay and this year i'm looking at well over £12,000 worth of sales. It's surprising the range of customers i have from total beginners to the very experienced who are quite particular in what they want. Reasons for not tying their own vary from eyesight problems to arthritus etc which have made it hard for them. I have 100% feedback rating and will always go out of my way to help and advise anybody who ask's me for advice. Far better for a newbie to use a decent simple rig until they know what they are doing rather than use crap knots etc only to leave hooks in fish. If buying off the bay just use common sense and check feedback their are a few good lads on there who do know how to tie a good rig.

I don't think that I have ever bought a rig from a shop.

I've always preferred making my own, to my own specifications, although a few of my mates and I have made rigs for each other, but only those whose knots I trust, (and them mine)

I'd never forgive myself if I made a rig for somebody else and it failed.

As Jules says, if a rig or knot breaks, then the only person whose fault it is, is myself.

I was going to say that i've always tied my own rigs, then realised it's only in the last few months that i've stopped using shop bought chod rigs.

Whats a chod rig? :lol:

Some new fangled thing that doesn't catch fish.