Willowcroft Wisbech

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iv not been for awhile

but it seemed to be full of 15lbish cats and carp ,see a pic of a 45lb cat that came out and told carp go to 30

but its small so 4or 5 anglers and it feels rammed

not the prettiest place as it looks like a puddle but a good runs water

£15 24hrs and you get locked in at night

• 3 months later...

yes there is a speimen lake there call it 6 island lake with carp up to mid 40's i now of 4 different 40's that have come out

And 9 different 30's that have made the bank

Does fish well plenty of cats in there with mary being weighed at 54lb few mid 40 's and plent of 20 + 30 in there

Dosent get that busy really

the lake on the seadyke road on the way to murrow is the day ticket only lake no night fishing plenty of fish in there carp up to mid teens and all the normal fish roach.rudd,bream and i have been told of a few cats that they have put in there

Andy

I am fishing it this weekend, went to look at it on tuesday and while there I saw a 22lb 4oz dumpy mirror landed, the lads I spoke to had 2 30lb carp the same 28lb common twice! also a load of high teens!

shame the weed is quite thick at the moment!

looks good!

prices have gone up to £35 a night, but if you become a member it goes down to £25 a night!

Guest fenboy

the original lake has now been closed and drained the stock was put into the new 6 island lake this lake is much bigger at around 7 acres,had a look around today , not fished it as i was a bit put off by the long list of rules , use corn on the hook but not as feed , boilies on the hook but not as feed etc,etc also you have to do a minimium of 24hrs no day tickets and at 35 quid a tad on the expensive side for somewhere with no facilities i thought.

Guest fenboy

the number is 07901 504321. dont know if its true but was told can only put feed in by hand no spodding ! so unless the fish get in the edge how do you get a bed of bait in ?

the number is 07901 504321. dont know if its true but was told can only put feed in by hand no spodding ! so unless the fish get in the edge how do you get a bed of bait in ?

P.V.A and a catapult, or possibly the method?

P.V.A and a catapult, or possibly the method?

You can spod aint had a problem down there (Aint been told other wise) its just finding a clear spot,(marker float )

They are out there and the carp often go back there and the spot is getting bigger every week

Hia, is this the water near Wisbech St Mary that we are talking about here called Willowcroft...?

I was hoping to fish it this weekend, but there is a sign up saying fishery closed when i had a look this evening.

Is the new lake open then...?

Regards

Sy

sy

Thats correct m8 you went to the old lake,If you come out of the old lake turn left,At end of road turn right ,At cross roads turn right

And about 1 mile on left is new lake ,Drive between brick pillars and reception is straight in front of you

Im going down thursday afternoon for a 24 hours session

Thanks Andy. I'll have a walk round tomorrow night after work. If you see a big bloke walking round (probably with his missus) then that will be me. Hoping to fish it on Friday night after work.

I take it there are more pegs than before then....? That was the main problem with the other lake in my opinion. I only fished it once in October last year, and had a 22 1/2 lb catfish, which was my first. It was pretty quiet at that time of the year, but i have heard it used to get busy during the summer months. People must have been tripping over themselves...!!!

Thanks for the info, i may see you tomorrow evening.

Sy

Went and had a quick look round this evening. The place doesn't look too bad for a newly dug lake. The amount of weed in there was surprising for such a new lake though.

The weather was miserable, so i didn't disturb any of the anglers, as they were holed up in their bivvies trying to shelter from the heavy rain....

I'll give it a try tomorrow night.