Willowcroft Wisbech

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Is this place being overfished now....?

Had planned to go up last Friday night, but when i phoned to book a peg it was full...!!!

Is this just a busy night, or is it always like this now...? If so, i won't be going back. It was fairly peaceful last year, i even had the place to myself a couple of times on a Friday...

talking to andy last week and he said it was booked fri sat sun for 2-3 weeks, i haven't fished it since last nov itching to get back down there.it certainly seems more busier than last year,i think if you want to go its best to go mid week

• 2 weeks later...

Im going up to Six Islands lake this weekend for 24hrs, it will be my first time at the lake so fingers crossed. Has anyone been up there lately and what is the weed situation like? my chosen bait will be double halibut pellet hair-rigged at least that will keep the tiddlers off, any tips or good info on the lake plus i take it itrs not the best water for backleads? :)

Best time to go on willowcroft is mon-friday as not many people getting on at moment

Weekend swims have been busy but always phone and book a place on the lake

Lots of fish have been gracing the bank even thou the place has gone down to 12 swims

Andy

Ps have a look a catch reports on the website for full details

www.willowcroftfishfarmandfisheries.co.uk

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi there people im new to carp.com just came back from fishing there last weekend.. done 48 hours had 1 cat fish !!!!! came in at a record of 5lb 4 oz what a monster.. got laughed at by a local.. andy if u see this hi m8.. said had to b smallest in there lol.. was using halibut pellets and octopus and squid bollies.. really nice lak to sit at .. my m8 blanked but we had alot of good runs when w were asleep lol.. we got told by other anglers.. so no slp nxt time.. does any 1 no the best bait for cats at willowcroft going back this weekend.. not going to be beaten!!!!! any help would be great cheers!!! p.s ben told pig liver free lined? stops losing them in the weed? :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
willpenny77

Posted: 10th Aug 2009 23:51 Post subject: Willowcroft Report

Me and my mate have fished willowcroft's six islands loads over the last month or so, have caught fish all over the lake in all conditions...more people there weekends...so book...we usually fish tuesday-wednesday, havent realy had too many problems with weed providing you have a rough look with marker first...the fish will dig it out dont worry!!! Caught loads of carp and cats...broke both pb's 31lb6oz mirror and 32lb1oz catfish...loads of different types of bait working...particles/pineapple or CELL for the carp...pellet/meaty bolies for the cats...small compact amounts of bait seem to be working better...method feeder???...although give everything a try...gook luck hope this has been a help!!! Im there this tuesday wednesday if anyone is comming down...will let you know how it goes...

willpenny77

Posted: 13th Aug 2009 18:20 Post subject: Update

Just got back from a 48 hour session...got on very well...up all night both nights...14 cats (biggest 24lb7oz)and 1 mirror (21lb3oz) banked...lost far too many (again). Pellet working really well...swims 4,5,6,7,8,12 all producing fish...everyone was up still at 4am! Would like to remind everyone please check to make sure you rigs are 'safe', lost a large cat close to the bank after 30 mins of fighting and found my rig increadbly tangled around an anglers rig from that night that was in no way 'safe' please check to see if the fish will be able to throw the hook if you get snapped off...please post your own reports so we can all help eachother out just the same as if we were on the bank...finally one of the big cats (5ft long+) was caught last week from swim 12.

Cheers and good luck

spookydooky

Posted: 28th Sep 2009 21:38 Post subject:

Hi am booked on there the 9th till the 11th october not fished here befor wanted to know a bit more about this rule - No braid to enter the fishes mouth unless plastic coated. now as i understand it it meens no braided hook links at all so its mono line only unless its coated neaver come across this ruleing befor any were i have fished so just wanted to get some ones views on how they see this ruleing