Willowcroft Wisbech

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done another night last night,it is now my 8th night on this lake,had a swap about on my rigs made 1 about 14 inchs long and the other slightly shorter but on a 360 rig had several knocks on both,but at half 2 i had a screaming run i hooked into what i thought was a carp but as i got it in closer it started ripping line off, yes a catfish,weighing in at 18lb8oz.my only one but i didn,t blank for a change :D

no fished the first swim as you come up the left hand side.there was 2 people down the normal side.1 fella who was fishing where the digger is,he was fishing right in the weed getting plenty as well,but during the night he had several runs but was not striking for at least a good 20 seconds if not more.there was a couple of lads down that end one of them first time down there 39lb carp smashed his pb of 19lb.but they had packed up after i had set up.so that left 3 of us on the lake last night very quiet,hoping to get down again in couple of weeks think im gonna give it a go right in the weed :D

cheers jas

Avoid the margins as well, as the family of swans will gladly eat ALL your bait, inclusing the one on your hook, as a bloke found out last time i was up there. I think the weather might be a change for the better, as the fish have been acting quite strangely recently. As mentioned above, they may get their heads down and start feeding properly again...

About bloody time ,that they get there heads down,And start feeding off the bottom,

Just been outside and the temp has dropped so good luck,Let us know how you get on,Hopeing to get down next week for a session

Cant wait now , now the temp has dropped got a few more ideas to try out and hoping that they work again

New home made bait hopefully be the answer,As they seem to be getting wise to the normall baits

Have just made some suid and mackral boilies and they smell awasome

Andy

I must say never give up on the margins yes the swans can be a pain,But the carp do come into the margins at night so

If your feeling lucky drop one in the margins but keep a EYE out for the swans otherwise you could have a great catch with feather's on :D:D

Have now had a few fish from under the rod tip ,Never under look it

Guest weimaraner

Just got back from up there.

Lost a good fish at the net last night. I could see it in the margins with my headtorch and it was a lump of a mirror.

Got the run on garlic and mussel boiles. Fished into 2ft 6 of water by a large weed bed.

I can't get over how shallow it is there. They should have made it a bit deeper in my opinion. But it has not put me off and i'll be back up there for another go sometime.

One guy had 4 cats to 18, and 2 x 30lb carp, one at 32 and the other was 35. Not bad for 24 hours fishing. :D

Guest weimaraner
so what peg did you fish on mate?

did you have much bleeps through the night.im also not put off by the fact that i have been 8 times now and only had 2 cats,will keep going till i get a good un :D

I fished the far side of the lake where most of the weed is. The carp were holding in there. Could here them crashing through the night.

As far as bleeps go, not many. The one fish lost and a half hearted run, that was nothing, at 5am.

can anyone help me?i was wondering about stock of small fish in lake apart from small carp that have been transfered are there any roach bream etc considering trying maggies next trip so info would be useful.

cheers.

North Norfolk, only short sessions due to new family??? :wink:

Hows the progress with catching a 20??

Have you tried the Mag-aliner?? can be a great tactic.

thanks for info.some info on magi-liner would be good as never heard of before.as for time on bank me an my mate who live 15 miles down the road from willowcroft have had 1 48 hour session so far this season he did alright 3 carp to 28lb 2oz and 5 cats to 21lb, 4pbs. myself i had couple of cats and a pb grass carp of about 1lb but hey pb is a pb.next time his luck runs out. :D

I was meant to be there on Friday night, unfortunately i had to work late and didn't leave Cambridge until after 6pm, so i had to phone up and cancel. I had all my gear in the van ready and everything.... The 7pm thing they have is just plain stupid in my opinion... :cry:

Hoping to get up there this Friday, provided i can get out of work on time...!!

The 7pm thing they have is just plain stupid in my opinion...

Well thats there for the saftey so they can lock close the gates as there has been a few people getting on site and poaching the fish,Its all for a good reason mind you

Plus its for the saftey of the anglers aswell

You'll have to tell your boss that you are the boss and leave early

Ill be there again a week today for 2 nights maybe 3 yet depends if the wife lets me do the 3 night session

As i cant stay away from the place as its friendly and the fishing is good down there,Plus you get no hassle from the kids running about,and you can just relax and enjoy getting those fish on the bank,

Gonna have a session on the top side next time fishing the weed again,As thats where i had my best session of 32 cats and 9 carp :D but lost nearly the same of 21 but has thats fishing, :cry:

See if i can get a red letter day again where no matter what i do it all works

May be see you on the bank soon syholl