Willowcroft Wisbech

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so i didn't manage to catch anything. No bites, nothing...!!!

Never mind though, theres always next time. My mate Dave caught his personal best fish, his first ever 30, which scraped in at 30lb 2oz. That was the only fish he caught as well. Jammy sod...!!

First impressions are good, the weed situation wasn't as bad as it looked at first. It will be much better once those conifers grow a bit.

Looking forward to having another crack at the place maybe next Friday night. I'll catch something eventually.

Guest fenboy

Sounds like you had a great session there andy , what did you think to the rules and how did you get around them did you fish boilie ? as you cant put free offerings in .

ya you can put free offerings in i had about 5 kg with partical mix

all so i had a pva stick on my rig

Ya fished boilie on the hair , normally i fish the halibut pellets

rules not a problem some are a bit silly just relly need common sense

Have you fished there ???

Guest fenboy

No not yet was a little put off by some of the rules, but im starting to sway towards giving it a go are there any nuisance fish in there roach rudd etc was wondering about trying maggot if i fished it are there plenty of clear spots in the weed ?any swims fish better than others etc.

Unfortunately not. I had hoped to, but it turns out we have a prior engagement on Friday and Saturday. I will definitely be there the weekend after though.

Are you going up there this weekend then...?

I've ordered some new boilies, as i discovered that the ones i used last week were freezer baits....!!! Nothing wrong with that, except that i bought them last year and they haven't been in the freezer since...!! I thought some of them looked a bit fluffy.... :lol:

Hopefully the carp will prefer fresh ones...

Hay Sy had another good session at the willowcroft

Fished the swim that you were in last week

me and my m8 had 4 -30's biggest 37lb 8oz mirror 3 late 20's biggest 28lb 2oz and 3 grass carp biggest 14lb

7 catfish through the night biggest being a nice 29lb 5oz slab of cat so once a gain another good session

na not rubbing it in sy

Its just nice to catch now and again

Ive also blanked on this water its just a learning curve as they say

Hope you do well may get down there is i finish work early enough as im back to work wednesday after having 9 weeks off work,Even though ive done alot of fishing in that time

but got to go back and earn some money

Let us know how you get on

Seen alot of fish over the far side (to the right where you fished last time) along the long side with the two small islands

Have a walk round there before you decide to set up may be worth a fish

na not rubbing it in sy

Its just nice to catch now and again

Ive also blanked on this water its just a learning curve as they say

Hope you do well may get down there is i finish work early enough as im back to work wednesday after having 9 weeks off work,Even though ive done alot of fishing in that time

but got to go back and earn some money

Let us know how you get on

Seen alot of fish over the far side (to the right where you fished last time) along the long side with the two small islands

Have a walk round there before you decide to set up may be worth a fish

hi andy ,jas here set up near you saturday i didnt do to good i had screamer of a take in the darkness i was flat out asleep so i missed that one,then half 2 ish in the morning i had one of the left hand island and it took me staight in the weed and pulled the hook then an hour later the same thing happened on the other island never mind theres always next time

I can't wait to have another crack now. I haven't done much of this type of fishing for a long time, i'm more used to watching a float or a quivertip when catching big carp. Not really the sort of methods that will work well on there i don't think, but i will be float fishing on Friday if it aint to windy. Like you say, best bet is not to go to sleep if the fish are feeding... I think i may stick a third rod out as well, and try 3 different methods, until i crack the place...

There was only 1 other person on, and he was packing up. He had 2 catfish.

There were no people booked in for tonight either. I fished along the right hand side, to the right of the airator as you approach the lake. About half way down. There were a lot of fish moving there when i arrived, and the wind was blowing from the east. Unfortunately a couple of hours later the wind had switched round and was coming from the west, and I saw very few signs of fish after that.... :?

I tried halibut pellets, odyssey xxx boilies, standard bolt rigs, pop ups, zig rigs, snowman etc, and had nothing.

The other guy who caught a couple of catfish was using halibut flavoured boilies, about half way along the left hand bank, to the left of the airator.

Good luck if you go, hope you get less rain that we got...!!