Willowcroft Wisbech

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well after the success of finally catching last week i had another night last night,and what a surprise i blanked. :? i,m having a job finding the right bait to catch them on every thing keeps going pear shaped on me,the wind changed direction in the night,don,t know if this had any effect on it.it certainely didn,t effect syholl,s fishing well done to him.will be giving it another go on wednesday night :D

what sort of thing you looking for in a bait?

a mate of mine runs a very good bait company, the range is ace and quality is of the highest standard.

the company is Bang on Baits based at Wellingborough, the range is taking some nice hauls of fish both here and France

i will pm you the web address, give james a ring and im sure you will find a bait you are loking for and at a good price plus all the back up bits as well

well fished it again i certainely had an improvement on previous sessions,well sort of.i am starting to think that putting big beds of bait out dosen,t work for me,last night i was putting a single boilie out and half a dozen in a pva mesh,and i hooked into 3 good solid fish but never managed to land them :x but hey thats fishing ,also throughout the night i had a lot of liners and drop backs but not enough to strike into .like i said the big bed of bait didn,t even get me a single bleep all night.

oh well i wil go for seventh time lucky :)

• 2 weeks later...

There is a post in the 'UK Carp Fishing section' on this forum about the fish spawning again. I mentioned that i thought this was happening on Six Islands. The certainly seemed preoccupied with something....

I also noticed that there were a number of very small carp in there, all about a pound in weight. I saw a few of these cruising around on the surface, and spoke to some other people about them. Rumours are that some idiots fished one of the other lakes a few weeks back and then chucked their catch into Six Islands.... Not sure why they would do that, but i wish they hadn't. I can see them coming out in a couple of years as 4 pounders, which isn't what you go there to catch...!!

If yo do catch some small carp just put them in the lake over the back plus it all depends on where you are fishing on the lake,

I also had 2 small carp of about a 1lb in weight which i just moved to another lake ,Cause the last thing you want is a small 1lb carp when you are fishing for the big un's

gonna have ride down there later to see how thing are going on,Next time i go im gonna take me fly rod and see if i can temp them on a fly,Gonna try and tye my own imitation bread falke on a hook so i can use it on a fly line

Andy

hi andy

i have been using a standard bolt rig,the actual rig is only roughly 4 inches long i think that when i do get a pick up,with the weight being so near it could be spooking them.the next time i go there i will be using a running rig set up as i always used to use that at the old willlowcroft and i never had any trouble with it.

as for the where have i been fishing well last saturday i was fishing nearly next to you i was on the corner near the pipe,i came over to you when you caught that israeli,the only bank i haven,t fished is the weedy bank

cheers jas

Jas

Thats all i use is that rig but have found that useing a short rig don't seem to work so went on to a long hook lengh of about 10-12 inchs and that seems to have work at thje mo but went quite last weekend but thats fishing i guess

Gonna keep changing rig next i go and try something different again always worth a try hay

andy

Guest weimaraner

I haven't fished there before.

I'm coming up to visit family. I have spoken to them at Willowcroft this evening and they were very helpful.

I'm calling again tomorrow for the full list of rules.

Is there any swims you would recommend? I have never fished thick weed. Would this be the place to start?

Guest weimaraner

I'll be fishing from tuesday next week. Can only fit in a 24.

My mate wants to go up there for 72 in october. I'm really loking forward to seeing the place and maybe even catching a carp or two.

Guest weimaraner

What bait works best?

I've just had 10kg of bait rolled. 5kg of fruit and crab, and 5kg of coconut creams. But i'm fishing for a week after i get back from up your way.

Don't mind buying some more.