Optonic G3 alarms.

Just seen a picture of the G3 alarms on Facebook, I would put a picture up but I'm on my phone, so I can't :/

Anyway, they are designed a bit differently to most alarms, they are built into the buzz bars. The picture I seen was a 3 rod setup.

Something different I suppose. But il stick to my delks.

Anyone's thoughts?

Ross.

I have had my optonic alarms for 3 or 4 years not sure what generation they are though G1 b's I think and they have not missed a beat even when its been monsoon weather. I did break the clip on the back of the receiver in the fist week though. Are you sure the new ones on the buzzbar are not removable seems a bit daft to have a screw thread on the alarm in the middle

I have had my optonic alarms for 3 or 4 years not sure what generation they are though G1 b's I think and they have not missed a beat even when its been monsoon weather. I did break the clip on the back of the receiver in the fist week though. Are you sure the new ones on the buzzbar are not removable seems a bit daft to have a screw thread on the alarm in the middle

100% sure they arnt detachable. From what I've read so far, weird idea but hey ho, something different and new has to be released to keep people buying things I guess.

three heads reliant on one circuit....no thanks...one fails and they all do....will stick with the nevs :lol:

But if one fails they all have to get sent back together anyway by the looks of it :wink:

exactly the point...why would I want to be without alarms completely because one head failed....I dont have that with any other alarm....its just design for designs sake...no practical thought involved

three heads reliant on one circuit....no thanks...one fails and they all do....will stick with the nevs :lol:

But if one fails they all have to get sent back together anyway by the looks of it :wink:

exactly the point...why would I want to be without alarms completely because one head failed....I dont have that with any other alarm....its just design for designs sake...no practical thought involved

You wouldn't! It's just something new so they can say, look what we've developed, someone will buy them in sure.

But it's just not practical.

Look like a load of rubbish. They'll be inventing the square wheel next.

korda already have the patent on it...its for their new "workout barrow" :lol:

korda already have the patent on it...its for their new "workout barrow" :lol:

:lol::lol: Korda Boooo!

Well, if they're anything like the G2s I'd stay well clear. I bought a set of G2s a few months ago, and they're rubbish. Every single time there's heavy'ish rain they just totally pack up. I've gone back to using my old Fox Ultrons.

Currently saving up for Delks.

I have the G2s & they haven't missed a beat. One of them even went for a quick swim. Drained the water from it & switched it on 10 minutes later. Worked a treat.

• 2 weeks later...
What a stupid idea, no using single sticks, no alarms at all if battery or circuit dies. I really rate the g1s and g2s but those are just stupid.

Agree. Regrettably Sundridge have, in my eyes, shot themselves in the foot with this silly notion. Another example of fashion over form. Not useful, not wanted and certainly not required by any thinking angler.

I'll stick with my G1's, thank you.

Ian

I use G1's as well, not skipped a beat at all.

I could improve them, but not with anything like those new ones. Think they need to look at their marketing team and bang a few heads!

Oh, and funnily enough, I'm a carp fishing welder as well!

• 4 years later...