everyones got a favourite!! ?

roosterbooster

Mine! Simple but deadly!

Rig.jpg

Hi fella have a look at this i try not to use the simple overhand knot when using mono because of the kink of the loop as shown in your picture but if you tie the knot like this it will increase your presentaion loads. Not trying to tell you how to do things just trying to add somethink to your rig?

Not a problem guy's glad it didnt come accross as a "your doin it all wrong" post just a tip, learnt so much of others on here nice to offer some advice :wink:

Not at all, having that 'kink' in my loops has always annoyed me, but I've never really tried to find a way to avoid it. Guess I've always thought it was 'just part of the deal'. Tied a few this morning for practice and I"m pretty good at it now. Very happy with it! :)

Only thing is, I'm going to have to throw away the 10 I'd already tied the old way as they just look untidy next to the new ones!

I watched that clip twice and was so impressed that I went to the garage, got some flouro and tried it. Blimey, even an old git like me can achieve the perfect loop.

Every day's a school day and Dan is my hero. Today.

Ian

I have just tied up a chod rig using this loop. It is fair to say, I won't be using the figure of eight knot again for a chod.

The rig spins better than ever. I was happy with the way I tied them. I saw this clip and it has made them so less fiddly! Took a couple of attempts to get the finishe rig length correct but very, very happy that I watched that clip. Thanks dan xx

I have just tied up a chod rig using this loop. It is fair to say, I won't be using the figure of eight knot again for a chod.

The rig spins better than ever. I was happy with the way I tied them. I saw this clip and it has made them so less fiddly! Took a couple of attempts to get the finishe rig length correct but very, very happy that I watched that clip. Thanks dan xx

nige i was thinking just that

i think ive just found the answer to many problems :D

cheers dan

I favour combi rigs...utilising mantis gold and hinging into multistrand....yes multistrand...I still have five bulk spools of the stuff and it is without doubt my preferred hooklength...I never ply it with anything other than natural fish gelatine though...which holds it tight for the cast and for around five mins in the water...at which point the gel dilutes and breaks away leaving the added bonus of trace elements for chemoreception.

The only deviation from this is to use a 12"section of merlin threaded through, and held coiled, in a 6"length of fine soft silicone tube in place of the mantis...on a fixed lead ...to act as a spring back...coupled with a tiemco shrimp hook with a running hair....I find this all but impossible for them to eject once taken :wink:

Guest keenook
Not a problem guy's glad it didnt come accross as a "your doin it all wrong" post just a tip, learnt so much of others on here nice to offer some advice :wink:

Spot on! A great Guy and a Great forum!

Hi All.

Although the perfection loop provides a really nice result,please be aware that it reduces the line BS by around 30% on mono and FCarbon.

No problem if you step up the dia of the hook link.

Fig 8 or rapala knot much better at approx 10% loss of BS.

I have tested it on the 25lb Fox rigidity and I am happy with the results. Thanks for your input though Richard, I will stick to the figure of eight if I drop down in BS. The lower the diameter of line, the easier it is to use a figure of eight anyway. Cheers mate.

Thank's Richard, good to see you again.

Hi KN,and you,hope you are well and still catching.

I have tested it on the 25lb Fox rigidity and I am happy with the results. Thanks for your input though Richard, I will stick to the figure of eight if I drop down in BS. The lower the diameter of line, the easier it is to use a figure of eight anyway. Cheers mate.

Hi Nige.

That should work,25 lb BS should easily compensate for any loss in knot strength with the perfectin loop.

I just tested some .35 dia line that goes over 18lb in the tackle box tests.it went at 17 with a figure 8 but i could not get it over 13 with the "perfection"---Its a very neat loop and can be used with confidence so long as you up the BS as you have done.Cheers Richard.

This is the reason i started using it in the first place the chod on the figure of 8 doesnt sit as nice :wink: