Venue near derby/Nottingham

Hello

I will be staying in derby next Friday night. The following day I would like to do a 36 hour stint at local lake. Can anyone recommend anywhere to fish in the derby/Nottingham area? Or within an hour of derby?

Looking for somewhere that will provide plenty of action with lots of twenties. Pb is 27lb so would be lookin to top that!

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Meekster

If anyone knows of this venue- can you let me know...coz I've lived here for 40 years and it sounds pretty good.

-Seriously though...There just isnt anywhere that you can drop onto in this area. The East mids is lacking in decent waters and the few that are around are syndicate.

Unless someone can tell me otherwise??? :)

give L lake Nr Rainworth a try, its got a reasonable head of 20`s is open to day ticket anglers ( well, half of the lake is ) and the lake`s resident "Biggy" goes over 30lb, known as shoulders and is a bit of a eating machine. Last out middle of December as far as I know. OK to drop on now and then but not a place that I would want to spend to many hours. £15 for 24hrs max 2 rods only. Regards Madmickyoneleg.

• 3 months later...
If anyone knows of this venue- can you let me know...coz I've lived here for 40 years and it sounds pretty good.

-Seriously though...There just isnt anywhere that you can drop onto in this area. The East mids is lacking in decent waters and the few that are around are syndicate.

Unless someone can tell me otherwise??? :)

Totally agree moved over to notts seven years ago and still travel to peterbourgh way to syndicate or good old denton res.

Dont know if you have tried here cobelyn but has good head of fish upto to 40lb.

it has done a 39lb and i have ahad a known resident called parrot at 29lb 5oz. £24 for a years ticket but days only no night fishing worth a look

a good water in nottingham is

COLWICK PARK WEST LAKE

35 acers with between 200-300 carp between most are between 20lb and 30lb

£7.50 for 2 rods for 24 hours or £8.50 for 3/4 rods for 24 hours

or you can get a season ticket for £100 .

moorgreen res

38 acres

carp stocking from 1oz to 40lb most are about 20lb to 40lb

more details here

http://greasley-estate.com/carp.html

• 2 weeks later...

I fished moorgreen a few years back for a season and wasnt impressed. Cars were always getting broke into and the fish tended to reside at one end where the nature reserve was and if you werent on the end pegs- you rarely caught anything. Probably changed tho- its 7 or 8 years since I fished it.

a good water in nottingham is

COLWICK PARK WEST LAKE

35 acers with between 200-300 carp between 20lb and 30lb

moorgreen res

38 acres

carp from 20s to 42lb

If either of those statistics are true, i'll eat my hat.

you beter eat your hat as both are true .

have you ever fished any of the waters ive posted about ?

or are you going by what others have fished .

i have fished west lake since i were 8 years old im now 38 and i know how many fish is in there and there waights ( il put £ big money ) down to you to prove me wong.

moorgreen is a tricky water to say the least but its not just one or two peg water ( ive fished at moorgreen since they stocked it ) ive had carp out on difrent pegs but it depends on the time of year and the weather and yes it has done a 40+ carp .

dont coment on a water if you dont know all the facts about the sed water

DOES THIS READ BETTER

WEST LAKE has between 200 -300 carp most average from 20lb to 30lb+

moorgreen has carp upto 40lb

Yes, much better. Both of those are now believable. Can you really not see how misleading your first post was?

if you never fished /been to or as you say herd of these waters how the hell can you comment on them.

PLEASE DONT COMMENT ON WATERS THAT YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN OR FISHED .

Tell you what, you keep your shirt on & i'll keep my hat on.

i just don't like people on forums posting on things that they have no first hand experience off

But i'm a moderator, that's my job :lol:

All i did was question your original post. Your facts were very misleading. No need to get shouty about it :wink:

Shall we get back to the thread now?