flying backleads

ronny12345

there are loads of flying backleads available at moment i was just wondering what are the best ones you have used. also the anchor satellite ones i have now started off ok but after a few sessions they sarted flying back so much they only went about 10 metres out and my rig was like 60 metres away. and another thing lol do the heavier backleads fly back further away from the rig than the light ones or is it the other way around

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never got on with flying back leads and find normal back leads far more accurate as I can pin the line down more or less exactly where I want to.

As for captive back leads I've never used them so I don't if they can more effective, but I think I'd give a go one day just to see.

Normal backleads have their place granted, but when fishing at range when you want the last few yards pinned down, this is where flying backleads are perfect.

I use normal backleads mainly when margin fishing, or when I know that my main line isn't going over the top of underwater obstacles. If you dont have an even bottom, then normal backleads can be counterproductive

i bought flying backleads a while ago and have been experimenting with them for about three months now. In one session i was thinking...........after you have cast out and the flying backlead is somewhere between your rig and your rod, when you tighten up the line, doesnt the backlead just slide down to your rig and hang above your tubing? I think that using a normal backlead such as the fox captive backlead is vital when using the flying backleads.

im gonna sound really thick lads i use a lead clip saftey set up do i use a flying backlead with it i to have some korda back leads not sure how to use them ......flump alert :oops: im learning

if you look on the back of the Korda packet it will tell you how to use em. With the korda ones just place the plastic inner before your tubing and then slip the metal outer on the line behind the plastic inner. Then slide the two together and twist till they lock.

i bought flying backleads a while ago and have been experimenting with them for about three months now. In one session i was thinking...........after you have cast out and the flying backlead is somewhere between your rig and your rod, when you tighten up the line, doesnt the backlead just slide down to your rig and hang above your tubing? I think that using a normal backlead such as the fox captive backlead is vital when using the flying backleads.

It depends on how much you tighten up I think.

If you tighten up and can just feel the Tension then you have got it about right I reckon.

Mind you if you tighten up so that it does slide down then it will be making the Tubing stay pinned down.

I don't like Backleads at all and prefer to use Flying Backleads rather than Normal Backleads which I think lose you sensitivity on Takes anyway.

For the Past few years I have dispensed with Flying Backleads as I have been fishing with Leadcore and find that by fishing it Slack Lines and Running Leads I get very good Indication

at long range, i prefer not to use backleads at all. at that distance, the weight of the water and the angle of the line is often enough to sink the line. as a final thing, i use about a metre of leadcore so sink it all down. ive found no real advntage to backleads at range. as for mediun range, or steeply sheving banks, i would use flying backleads, although im loathe to use them too far back. i often use a pva stopknot about a foot above the leadcore, then sink my rod tips to lessen the angle. ive had 2 mid 20s pivot on the backlead and kite a fair distance before registering a run, granted it was in winter, but it was because the backlead had flown a good 30yrds behind the rig, effectivly giving it 30yrds to play with. as for the margins? i use blobs of leadputty on the end of the leadcore, always test to makesure your lead can eject though. in my eyes, helecopter rigs are better for leadcore as the carp can jettison the lot and just be left with the hooklink if a break should occur. the hooklink slides up and off the leadcore if he rig is tied correctly. close in margin work is perfect for slack lining and light bobbins. but if their that close, why not try freelining or floatfishing? it is a hell of a lot more exciting...

:roll:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

It depends on the water you are fishing, with easily spooked fish on a local venue of mine I use leadcore, a medium flying backlead & a captive backlead... you just don't get 'the runs' ( :!: ) any other way