Help with supple braid

daleg2008

If you don't have the braid yet you can get a coated hooklink and just strip away some of the coating near the hook end so that the swivel end is more like mono and won't tangle/coil up as much. This won't really "kick it out" as much though.

i want to use braid for a reason :D are you sure feathering it will help? surely when it hits the water the lead will always go first and boilie just lands on top of it? is there any product i can put in the pva that just dissapears in water after a short time? cheers

i want to use braid for a reason :D are you sure feathering it will help? surely when it hits the water the lead will always go first and boilie just lands on top of it? is there any product i can put in the pva that just dissapears in water after a short time? cheers

Could stuff the bag with pva foam sticks / packing peanuts

Is there any way to kick out a supple braid of around 8-10 inches away from the lead? so the hookbait doesn't always land next to the lead. i will be fishing to depths of around 6 feet. cheers
One way of doing it is to get one of those small wooden kebab skewers and to then tie it to your hooklink using pva tape. When it disolves the skwer floats away leaving the hooklink out stretched from the lead.

One way of doing it is to get one of those small wooden kebab skewers and to then tie it to your hooklink using pva tape. When it disolves the skwer floats away leaving the hooklink out stretched from the lead.

yep, that will work, or you can google "pva straws" they do the same. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...