where to catch a new PB ?

looking to beat my PB of only 23ib8 this summer.

im travelling down towards oxford july and was wondering if ayone knows of any venues which arent too hard and which i have a chance of beating my PB. i must be able to night fish

anywhere around the midlands and oxford area will be ok .as im meeting family halfway.

cheers

A 23lb 8oz fish is a very good PB to have. Im sure there are anglers that have been fishing much longer than you that havent got a PB like that but im sure that all they are interested in is that they still enjoy their fishing and if a new PB comes along, then they will accept it when it comes.

So whats the rush?

Now this isnt aimed at you in particular but i blame the magazines that seem to put pressure on anglers that only the "biggest is the best". After all, apart from a young child showing off their first carp, when was the last time you saw a single or a low double in the press? Not for a while and if ever.

Simply because that doesnt sell copies of the magazines.

tonybranno is right, for example, when a new bait is tested they dont tell you how many times it didnt catch as well, and how many times they blanked on it. they only tell you about the 30's, 40's and 50's they catch, to make you buy it!

Could try linear fisheries mate, oxlease, st johns and maor all hold plenty of fish over that size, not that its a bad one by any means, just thought id answer to your question beens as though the other replys have gone a bit off track, probably better off typing those pools in the search facility and looking them up, some people on here get a bit ratty with questions like that, have a good session wherever you go, tight lines

23lb 8 is a good pb to have,which must make my 17lb 12 seem small to you, no matter where you fish you cannot be sure to beat your pb ,so just be glad to be on the bank and be happy with whatever size you catch and hopefully the pb will be 1 of them,if its not to be then so be it,i never fish with a certain weight in mind, i just accept what comes out on the day. i finished going on now so back to your question SORRY i don't know of any waters either.

tight lines :lol::lol::lol::lol:

lay off the guy there is nothing wrong with someone pushing themselves to beat there PB

people on my local lake ask me how i keep pulling out 20+ fish so regularly the answer is simple enjoy your fishing work hard at your swim and don't be afraid to try something different to the rest! and if a new pb comes along great :) if not you live to fish another day 8)

lay off the guy there is nothing wrong with someone pushing themselves to beat there PB

people on my local lake ask me how i keep pulling out 20+ fish so regularly the answer is simple enjoy your fishing work hard at your swim and don't be afraid to try something different to the rest! and if a new pb comes along great :) if not you live to fish another day 8)

i don't think people were "laying into the guy" i suppose it was the phrase "only 23lb 8" which was taken the wrong way :):):)