LINEAR

We are planning to fish brasenose 1 when we get there on the weekend, then move onto st johns for the rest of the week though that might change cause i think it will be major busy that week (july 23) i once tried google earth but the old pc tends to freeze up on it!! :D

We are planning to fish brasenose 1 when we get there on the weekend, then move onto st johns for the rest of the week though that might change cause i think it will be major busy that week (july 23) i once tried google earth but the old pc tends to freeze up on it!! :D

Just do a search on google maps or msn maps. No need to download google earth :wink:

Well dont really no much about Brasenose :lol: but if you fish St.Johns try and get on Kempys point well productive and if you cant get on that the road bank is the deeper end of the lake with the opposite end being a bit of a shallower bay only going to about 9ft

hope this helps :)

On st johns ive always done very well on brazil nuts. I use a razor blade to peel them to expose the white of the nute....very underused and productive (Don't use many - 1 on the hair and a few crushed in a PVA bag is ample. If you have to fish over more bait then spod tigers, hemp, pellets or whatever)

hi i fished harwick for 4 days last week 15-18 , didn't catch but the fish had just finished spawning,you have more 30+ fish in hardwicks but its a bit harder to fish,st johns and manor are always busy ,braisenose looked very open in places,l spend a couple of hours looking around first chatting to a few lads on the way round, pellet and maize seemed to do well and edge bollies, but i think anywhere on the complex is nice to fish.good luck and enjoy, we did even blanking!! :cry:

I am also looking t the catch results but theres a noticeble difference it was a plac to go bet your personal best easy when you in the teens or low 20s and was probably the easiest place ibn the UK to go nd have chance at a few 20s but is it stil like that or not really. What the difference. I hope it recovers back to thoe days as it so well run from the couple trips i did have

hi the week we where there everybody was struggling on all the lakes,but that was cos they were spawning or just finishing, but a 34 ,28 ,24 came out of harwicks, so there coming back on!! they reckon your should always catch on st johns and manor, but thats why there always packed out !!thats why i like hardwick,smiths pool cos you have more space and more chance of the 30,i dont mind waiting aday or two for the fish to get on my bait but everyone to there own way :wink: the place looked spot on and well recovered but was slow due to spawning.mind you the indian delivered on saturday night was spot on too!! :P cant wait to get back there

just got back from 48 hours at linear, place was rammed and could'nt get on st johns or manor, ended up fishing hardwick.i blanked only 2 fish came out that i know of and one of them was a tench. according to the bailiff only 3 fish out of st johns in the past 4 nights! both brasenose lakes were slow from the few people i spoke to.

Also just got back from 24hrs at Linear. Couldn't get on Manor or St Johns as they were rammed. Hardwick was also rammed solid and nothing had been out so i ended up fishing Brasnose 1. Caught a low double during the night and to my knowledge there were only 4 other carp caught on the entire lake the time i was there. Not great considering there were 30+ anglers there....

Will be leaving Linear well alone for the time being. Sick of the crowds.

:roll: being quite new to the carp scene,wot happened there last year???? :?:

They were affected by the flooding and some of the fish died. One of the lakes was closed for months and has only recently opened. Some of the fish also ended up in different ponds as they could escape when the levels were high.

I fished Hardwick Lake in March and blanked. I have a couple of photos of Hardwick Lake i'll post them later when I'm on my home PC. The crowds there put me off going back anytime soon almost all the pegs were taken and there were bivvys spread out every few metres on all the lakes apart from Brasenose 2 which is the pasties lake.

looks a bit chilly in the second photo :!: when i go up there i try to go in the week days its not quite as busy, but people come from everywhere as they know they have a good chance of there PB :!: but it does get hectic there

i just saw some very concerning reports and pictures on Sky news regarding fresh floods in oxford with more rain possible at weekend. I am still in Australia until June 14th so can not get news. Has this affected Linear or any other waters? (i really do have my fingers crossed it hasnt and wont i know it is almost a year on i thinking bout all concerned last year and i will keepthem fingers crossed)

:) Hi mate, i fished brasenose 1 towards the end of apr. The lake is jam packed with fish. i did a 72hr session and banked 43 fish to 23lb :D:D . was non stop action. fished to a clear spot near middle of lake, long cast but worth it. spodded heavily and kept it going in, took all on fake corn. Can send you some pics if you want. have fished the other lakes, they get alot of pressure and fish pretty hard as a result :( , but rewards can be worth it.

hope this is some help