LINEAR

i just saw some very concerning reports and pictures on Sky news regarding fresh floods in oxford with more rain possible at weekend. I am still in Australia until June 14th so can not get news. Has this affected Linear or any other waters? (i really do have my fingers crossed it hasnt and wont i know it is almost a year on i thinking bout all concerned last year and i will keepthem fingers crossed)

the floods havent affected it so far but as you may know the lakes are closed at the moment for at least a month due to dieseases

• 9 months later...
Hi guys,

Now I am planning on making my first ever visit to Linear next week and am desperate for any information people could give me..

Now before this thread gets nuked, I have used the search facility to look at old threads, but these dont provide any information but that this is repeated thread

I am planning to head onto St johns for 3/4 nights, perhaps manor farm for the first night ( arriving on a sunday ) if lake is busy when i get there.

Could anyone tell me where abouts would be a good spot on St Johns? Baits they prefer?

The bailiff has said anywhere will fish but with a mountain of kit I don’t want to have to move unless essential and every lake in the country has its own 'hotspots'.

I don’t have mega gear, no spod rod etc so tactics wise thinking of spreading some boilies out and fishing a pop up on a chod rig maybe?

Any general information would be great guys, anything at all. For a complex so popular, amazes me how I cant find a single picture of the lakes ( g.earth picture is 5 years old ) or any tips on where to fish etc etc...

Ernie

I would imagine that finding a good spot is really down to the conditions when you get there. Why there are known and productive swims on lakes and yes getting on them can help the truth is you need to be on the fish to stand any chance. Talk to people on the day and in the couple of days building up to your visit. Watch the water, walk the water on arrival look and listen.

I would imagine that finding a good spot is really down to the conditions when you get there. Why there are known and productive swims on lakes and yes getting on them can help the truth is you need to be on the fish to stand any chance. Talk to people on the day and in the couple of days building up to your visit. Watch the water, walk the water on arrival look and listen.
If your going on the weekend, you’d probably have to get which swim you can, the big plated came out at 41lbs this year out of sj