After spending the night deciding I either needed to hurry into my waders probably fall over and lose the fish, or just sleep in my pants and wear my plastic jesus sandels to go into the flooded swim, I opted for the latter btw as trying to get in my waders in a hurry seems impossible 😂

I keep seeing wadeez on my fb feed has anyone tried them? Do they work it would be good to be able to slip into my waders easily 

https://wadeez.co.uk/

8 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

After spending the night deciding I either needed to hurry into my waders probably fall over and lose the fish, or just sleep in my pants and wear my plastic jesus sandels to go into the flooded swim, I opted for the latter btw as trying to get in my waders in a hurry seems impossible 😂

I keep seeing wadeez on my fb feed has anyone tried them? Do they work it would be good to be able to slip into my waders easily 

https://wadeez.co.uk/

That looks like a good idea!

I have the same problem even in daytime due to the dodgy hip.

Folding the chest section down they fall over when you put them hoping that you can step straight into them.

The number of times I have overstepped in wellington boots, suddenly getting a boot full of water, or sat in chesties and sweated my gonads off then having difficulties if I need a pee.

11 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

That looks like a good idea!

I have the same problem even in daytime due to the dodgy hip.

Folding the chest section down they fall over when you put them hoping that you can step straight into them.

The number of times I have overstepped in wellington boots, suddenly getting a boot full of water, or sat in chesties and sweated my gonads off then having difficulties if I need a pee.

Glad it's not just me seemed like mission impossible last night 😂

Might try some and see waders/barrow are an edge at the moment 😎

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

The theory of carefully putting chest waders on before striking the run goes right out of the window when you actually get a run.

The number of times that I've stepped into my trainers on waking up to a run without thinking, struck then realised I need chesties to play the fish, so play twister trying to sort myself out...

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2024 at 19:16, elmoputney said:

I've lost fish due to putting on waders, struggling - not keeping up the right tension and fish shakes the hook.  Probably the mistake that sticks with me the most, did I even need waders on really, could I have just gone in and dried the clothes after, did I have spares anyway - these were potentially special fish and I was only doing the night - crazy to even look at the waders in hindsight, much quicker to takes trousers and shoes off and go in.  So angry with myself still years later - poor decision making!!!

and those devices are so expensive for a piece of plastic, you get similar holding new slippers together for free - talk about carp tax, good idea but rip off.

I roll mine right down to the wellie and have them infront of the bedchair so as I get off the bed I step into them and pull then up as I get out the bivvy. If it's one of them bites where it's just a few beeps I get the waders on without issue. When it's a one toner I'm running out the door in my socks 🤣 it's a real struggle trying to grab them from the door with a rod in your hand 🤦‍♂️🤣