Is Fishing too Expensive

Going off topic slightly, is life too expensive???

My daughter is coming to stay before Xmas. There's a nearby farm that puts on a good event at holiday times. So for 4 adults 4 kids to attend for meet santa etc. £339???

Blimey, I'll try another lass well known farm up the road £209??? 

I earn reasonable money and there's no way I'd pay that kind of money to get in. Crazy thing is, I looked at availability and both venues were near enough fully booked??? 

This country and the cost of living is out of control. I can't see how anything will change. The rich get richer and the poor can be left to rot....

Time for a major change I feel??

Screenshot_20231203_163225_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231203_161330_Chrome.jpg

12 hours ago, commonly said:

My daughter is coming to stay before Xmas. There's a nearby farm that puts on a good event at holiday times. So for 4 adults 4 kids to attend for meet santa etc. £339???

I earn reasonable money and there's no way I'd pay that kind of money to get in. Crazy thing is, I looked at availability and both venues were near enough fully booked??? 

This country and the cost of living is out of control. I can't see how anything will change. The rich get richer and the poor can be left to rot....

My honest opinion is yes, life is too expensive and with those 'labour saving, must have' devices, smart meters and equipment which use energy constantly compared to being able to switch off. I, meaning we, can buy a smart light switch, a smart doorbell, smart heating system, which constantly uses electricity, yet 'old fashioned' light switches don't use electricity when the switch is off. The bi-metallic strip thermostat didn't use electricity, but the smart 'stat is continually on.

I'm tempted to say eating out at a restaurant is too expensive, but I know the ins and outs of wages, the hospitality industry and how costs have gone up, which brings us to the cost of electricity and gas, even transport and utilities.

When CEO's take huge wages, massive dividends are paid to shareholders, yet prices to the user go to silly levels.

Then when we go to low tech alternatives like wood burners, laws are put in to make getting the 'right' wood, yet countries burn forests, destroy the environment then things are seriously wrong. It is the little people who suffer.

Our skills and trades have been forgotten.

Our metal production, steel uses massive amounts of energy, furnaces, burning gas,  coal or coke, which go to carbon emissions. You can't have both no carbon emissions and no industry, you need production, which means one is not possible.

Then cost of transportation goes up, and prices increase. UK wages are higher, say £10 a week to your Oriental factory worker compared to £10 an hour in the UK.

Fishing tackle is just part of it. You want 'made in UK', but we have lost the skills, so it becomes expensive. Having a UK factory goes to UK emissions so we went abroad to get it cheaper...

21 hours ago, commonly said:

Totally everything is mental now, we tried to get Taylor swift tickets a while back as thought it might be a nice treat for the girls, £600+ EACH, needless to say we arent going to see her. Even local panto was nearly £200.