Water for particles

jh92

10 hours ago, jh92 said:

20230906_210649.thumb.jpg.594dae40309310e78d24f3d4517455ff.jpg

Saved it and put it in the freezer 😆

That bottle might split when that turns to ice, I've put a couple of water bottles in the freezer to cool before and forgotten to take them out, it doesn't end well usually, I had a metal one and where the ice expanded it ripped a gash out of the metal bottle. 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

That bottle might split when that turns to ice, I've put a couple of water bottles in the freezer to cool before and forgotten to take them out, it doesn't end well usually, I had a metal one and where the ice expanded it ripped a gash out of the metal bottle. 

Aye, don't fill it up, leave around a â…“ of the bottle empty to allow for expansion.

Something else that gives particles a bit of boost is the spice pack that comes in 'flavoured' noodles.

As the noodles are plain and you add the pack as cooking, I don't add the spice pack as most of my cooking is already seasoned.

Instead 1 spice sachet gets added to 1kilo of birdfood as I soak them.

23 hours ago, framey said:

You haven’t defrosted it yet lol

I got 3 buckets to cook up tonight so will defrost that bottle on the bank 😆

Reels all respooled this morning, just about to have a 45 at work so stopping at a tesco to do a bit of a shop, no shop near the reservoir but there is water, so it's gonna be uht milk for cups of tea and pot noodles 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Too many posts to quote about food, but I've become almost fanatical about my food packing, possibly because I'm doing 4 or 5 nights at a time.

The easiest thing is milk, I drink tea and coffee Black, so no milk.

Porridge for breakfast, a bacon or sausage bap or maybe a tin of macaroni cheese for lunch,  then a proper dinner at night, all washed down with coffee or a rare beer or cider after dinner.

All my vegetables; green beans, spring onions, baby corn and garlic go into tupperware or ice cream tubs, (a set portion for each meal) as does one batch cooked meal, and the meat for 3 or 4 days. Steaks will keep for 4 days properly sealed. Potatoes and onions can be loose.  I also have portioned out 2 lots of pasta into a tub. I also have a tin of fish, tuna or sardines either in oil or tomato sauce for the last night that will go with some pasta. Italian Herb Seasoning in the Schwarz jar. Cooking oil is usually a plastic bottle of Olivio or sunflower and olive oil mix.